Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2024 6:23:13 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 6:30:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd try that!!!

We lack good pizza here in and around Madison County....
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 6:38:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 9:32:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bladeswitcher] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 67Firebird:
It's great. They used to have a place near 50 and Clark, but I think it closed down when the original owner died or something. When I see the trailer, it's right next a roundabout on Ellis, between 54 and 50.
View Quote

It's definitely got that Jeff City, Greek-style pizza look to it. It does look like something that could have come out of the old place.

What's the actual connection between the trailer people and Greasy Bob (the old Pizza Kwik)? I remember when they started up, one of my friends who used to work at the old Pizza Kwik was upset that they were using the name. Seemed like he said they were just relatives who had never actually worked with Bob. Was he wrong? (BTW, I think you know who I'm referring to. He was a Tuesday nighter.)

ETA: Not that it really matters. If it's good pizza, it's good pizza. (Personally, I'm more of a Shakespeare's fan. I can do the Jeff City style, but it's not my favorite.)

ETA2: BTW, there's a little soul food place running out of Greasy Bob's old Pizza Kwik location. It's good.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 1:48:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 9:03:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By 67Firebird:

I believe that's true, that TW said relatives were using the name and original recipe. I never went to the original location, so I never met the owner, and didn't even remember that story until you just reminded me. I know Blitz_308 used to go there too, but I don't think he was the one who told me about that.
View Quote

Greasy Bob's was a trip.

I haven't tried the trailer pizza yet. I don't eat pizza often these days but I'll keep it in mind if I do.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 11:11:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Last couple weeks I was doing inspections around Jeff. The inspector is a Jeff local and showed me around some local lunch spots. Echo lounge,arris pizza,sweet smoke bbq,veits.  I could really pack on some weight like that.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 11:32:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 8:27:53 AM EDT
[#8]
The Pizza Quik trailer comes to my hometown a couple of times a year when our church is having some kind of event.  They dontate so many $'s per pizza to the church.  Pretty excellent pizza as far as I'm concerned, but I'm far from a pizza snob.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 7:33:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By cb69:
Last couple weeks I was doing inspections around Jeff. The inspector is a Jeff local and showed me around some local lunch spots. Echo lounge,arris pizza,sweet smoke bbq,veits.  I could really pack on some weight like that.
View Quote

Ecco Lounge-just in case someone was looking for it online, and they are good.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 8:56:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By thorshammerblow:
Ecco Lounge-just in case someone was looking for it online, and they are good.
View Quote

Good vittles and cold Steak Tators And Gravy on tap!
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 3:40:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Folks that are operating the Pizza-Quick truck are relatives of Bob's. Kids& Grandkids I believe. Kids worked at the old brick&mortar shop so they actually made the pizza. Truck started out as a"part time" gig and grew into what it is now. So not just relatives using the name&formula.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:07:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:57:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top