Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2023 4:10:04 PM EDT
I may have, or might not have  a braced pistol that won’t make the 30” minimum when this BS goes live. Did I read that right, nothing less than 30”. Are these braced pistols grandfathered in as SBRs since according to the AFT, they now are, or always have been. thus the amnesty period. No new SBRs down the road?

What about SBRs already registered under 30”?

Is everything to be denied now, even if you wish to comply with our federal overlords?

This is an epic cluster fuck, and I’m so lost.

HALP!
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 4:54:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I may have, or might not have  a braced pistol that won’t make the 30” minimum when this BS goes live. Did I read that right, nothing less than 30”. Are these braced pistols grandfathered in as SBRs since according to the AFT, they now are, or always have been. thus the amnesty period. No new SBRs down the road?

Is everything to be denied now, even if you wish to comply with our federal overlords?

HALP!
View Quote
Consequences of unconstitutional laws passed by people ignorant of firearms technology.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 5:09:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

This is an epic cluster fuck, and I’m so lost

HALP!
View Quote

Any SBR’s that you already own are grandfathered in. If you have a pistol with brace and registering as an SBR under the amnesty period and this becomes law (1240), chances are the ATF/ NFA branch will not approve anything after that point, then technically you will be in violation of federal and state law. Best case scenario, remove the short barrel and make it legal until the injunction comes and then continue on with the registration process. Hopefully the injunction comes before the amnesty period ends.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 6:39:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

HALP!
View Quote

Under 30 just makes it an assault weapon which it already was because it's an AR-15, so it's an assault weapon for multiple reasons.

If you owned this assault weapon before the ban you're grandfathered. You wouldn't be able to buy an AR after the ban and you wouldn't be able to take a non AR and reduce it to less than 30 overall length

ETA:

From an ATF POV you can comply with their rule either by removing the brace, or by filing a Form 1. TBD whether they will deny the Form 1, but if they do it won't only be because of the length but also because it's an AR. You could also choose not to comply and maybe end up being the plaintiff that defeats this law

From a State POV as mentioned above it's grandfathered since you owned it already.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:37:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Who fucking knows at this point.  I just did a batch of the braced pistol form 1 SBR applications, because I wanted them as actual SBR’s, and because I was more worried that if they were not in the process when the ban comes into effect the chances would be lower for getting approvals.  Plenty were under 30” OAL too.  

If they deny them, fuck em, they are already “assault weapons”, so what would be the rationale to deny them- just because they can?  We did nothing wrong, more than happy to sue the hell out of the state and the feds if they put people in a situation where no matter what you do it is wrong.  The lawsuits are gonna be endless, lots of people with legal standing...  gonna be a rough ride for both OR and WA this next year or two I think.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 10:50:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Who fucking knows at this point.  I just did a batch of the braced pistol form 1 SBR applications, because I wanted them as actual SBR’s, and because I was more worried that if they were not in the process when the ban comes into effect the chances would be lower for getting approvals.  Plenty were under 30” OAL too.  

If they deny them, fuck em, they are already “assault weapons”, so what would be the rationale to deny them- just because they can?  We did nothing wrong, more than happy to sue the hell out of the state and the feds if they put people in a situation where no matter what you do it is wrong.  The lawsuits are gonna be endless, lots of people with legal standing...  gonna be a rough ride for both OR and WA this next year or two I think.
View Quote

I have 9 to do

Fuck

The last form 1 I did was several years ago. 11.5 Geissele Super Duty, I had trouble with the damn site crashing or timing out in the middle of my form. I am dreading submitting a bunch of them
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 8:20:55 AM EDT
[#6]
No joke- I did 20 of them.  

If you want the ATF form 1 site to not lock up (as much), make all your scanned documents and picture files as small as possible.  ATF site disconnects and reconnects, and then you gotta refresh so it will take you back to the draft version, otherwise it just hangs up forever.  Then when you get a document uploaded, immediately save it or move to the next step to save it, then go back to the step.  This way when it take 3 times to upload 1 document or pic, you can actually make progress.  If you try to get it to do 3 successful uploads in row without failing, you might as well go play the lottery.  

Total joke of a website, probably as intended.  Bunch of mine are also “under review” because the name, model, or caliber didn’t match their database of prior submissions.  Sorry, some schmuck at ATF is gonna have to look at the photos, if the receiver says it is A&B I am going to type that exactly, not B&A like in their database.  Not putting a 7.62x39 as .30 caliber when it is stamped 7.62x39, etc etc.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top