Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/6/2018 1:15:03 PM EDT
Looking for feedback on the best pistol brace please. Thanks
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 1:18:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Im a huge fan of the Tailhook Mod1. People talk highly about the mod2 also but I like that the mod1 is aluminum as opposed to plastic.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 1:27:26 PM EDT
[#2]
SBPDW is great but $$$$

The SBA3 is on a couple of my guns, no problems at all.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 2:15:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I've had both Tailhook Mod2 and SBa3, I prefer the Tailhook Mod2 as IMO the SBa3 needs a SplitFix in order to not deform during storage, an issue I had, and the SplitFix is near impossible to catch in stock. If money isn't an issue I'd go Mod2.

And before anyone catches the vapors it's on a pre-ban pistol lower. SBa3 cut down to use a UCIW buffer tube system.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 5:51:36 PM EDT
[#4]
That SBA3 with the Splitfix looks sick!!!
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 2:38:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've had both Tailhook Mod2 and SBa3, I prefer the Tailhook Mod2 as IMO the SBa3 needs a SplitFix in order to not deform during storage, an issue I had, and the SplitFix is near impossible to catch in stock. If money isn't an issue I'd go Mod2.

And before anyone catches the vapors it's on a pre-ban pistol lower. SBa3 cut down to use a UCIW buffer tube system.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/401569/IMG_20181001_120706-02-691434.jpg
View Quote
What are the sling specs you have? I see the split fix, but what attachment did you use for the gas block and brace.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 2:55:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What are the sling specs you have? I see the split fix, but what attachment did you use for the gas block and brace.

Thanks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.
I cut the HK style hook off of the .mil T91 sling I bought. For the rear I just threaded it through the plastic slot for the brace fabric. I just need to get a QD sling attachment for the back now.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 1:01:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I cut the HK style hook off of the .mil T91 sling I bought. For the rear I just threaded it through the plastic slot for the brace fabric. I just need to get a QD sling attachment for the back now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.
Thanks. Is the entire length long enough for a vertical grip? Or is there no way to attach it if you could/able to.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 3:27:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Would a lanyard be more appropriate for a pistol?
Slings on pistols would seem tarded but hey.... it's your pistol
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 9:20:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Thanks. Is the entire length long enough for a vertical grip? Or is there no way to attach it if you could/able to.
View Quote
Plenty long enough, even with the shorter buffer tube and cut down brace the OAL is 28"-30.5"

If you wanted to attach a VFG you have two options (I'm assuming you're interested in the upper). The first is using the .mil railed and bayo mount gas block which I have, I just haven't installed. The second is they make an Mlok rail for it, T91 Tactical.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 9:28:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I only have one lanyard and it's too small

It came today with all this

Link Posted: 12/7/2018 10:03:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 1:42:37 AM EDT
[#12]
I feel cheated. Geiselle never sent me White Castle sliders.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 11:41:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I feel cheated. Geiselle never sent me White Castle sliders.
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top