Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/18/2023 10:06:41 AM EDT
So IF you registered your weapon with a pistol brace the ATF is not:

1. Issuing a stamp. It is just based on the engraved serial #s.
2. Not requiring you to engrave the receiver.

Sooooooo my question is:

IF they are not doing all that, then is there a possibility that they will simply revoke the stamp at some point? Really curious about how this is going to play out.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 1:18:20 PM EDT
[#1]
From what I have read.  You actually receive a copy of an approved form one, but no stamp due to the tax not being paid. And no engraving required, I believe it was referred to as title 1 markings, would be used.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 7:00:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't think there is any language in the rule which specifically says that they will never come after anybody after they register the SBR. Even if there WAS such language, I trust the AFT as far as I could throw your average hippopotamus.

I mean, you ARE admitting to a felony, which is why you need "amnesty". Normally the process is submit Form 1 or 4, wait (a long time), get approved, THEN build or take possession of SBR. With this thing, you're admitting to having an unregistered SBR BEFORE registration.

For this, and several other reasons, biting the cheese on these "free tax stamp" SBR's is a terrible idea IMO. YMMV.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top