Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2021 10:36:57 PM EDT
I just read that UT got permitless carry.

Congratulations to you all!  
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 12:28:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Woot woot!  Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 1:24:18 AM EDT
[#2]
concealed OR open and w/o the "two steps" rules for Open?
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 11:40:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Hopefully someone smarter than me will chime in and go into greater detail on this, but in my opinion, carrying loaded (open or concealed) is now legal.  "Public street" is the part that most considered to be "public in general". Here is the new text...

(5) Subsections 76-10-504(1) and (2), and 76-10-505(1)(b) do not apply to a person 21 years old or older who may otherwise lawfully possess a firearm.
View Quote

76-10-505. Carrying loaded firearm in vehicle or on street.
         (1) Unless otherwise authorized by law, a person may not carry a loaded firearm:
         (a) in or on a vehicle, unless:
         (i) the vehicle is in the person's lawful possession; or
         (ii) the person is carrying the loaded firearm in a vehicle with the consent of the person
    lawfully in possession of the vehicle;
         (b) on a public street; or
         (c) in a posted prohibited area.
         (2) Subsection (1)(a) does not apply to a minor under 18 years of age, since a minor under 18 years of age may not carry a loaded firearm in or on a vehicle.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top