Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2021 11:44:36 PM EDT
Is there any interest in APC training and events in West Texas and Eastern New Mexico?  I'm in El Paso and Las Cruces isn't far away. Plenty of areas to hike around here, and some decent desert to use for training.

If there is interest I can start planning some dates and routes for hikes. I have some knowledge of first aid and radio stuff that can be taught. I also know some people locally that I could probably get roped in to teach as well.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 9:53:23 PM EDT
[#1]
The only person in NM I know to be interested in APC is my brother.  He's up in Albuquerque, stationed at Kirtland.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 11:16:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I’m interested.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 11:31:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’m interested.
View Quote

I was hoping you'd show up here.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 12:13:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I was hoping you'd show up here.
View Quote

The only reason I haven’t done any APC hikes is because there’s nobody here I know that’s interested.
@ACPJunkie
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 12:31:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm down, I'm officially back in El Paso now.

I'm currently ROM'ed at the house but once that is over I'd be down to hit some of the trails.

McGregor Canyon is fun, and can turn into a serious bear if you actually go all the way to the top.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 12:44:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm down, I'm officially back in El Paso now.

I'm currently ROM'ed at the house but once that is over I'd be down to hit some of the trails.

McGregor Canyon is fun, and can turn into a serious bear if you actually go all the way to the top.
View Quote

McKelligon? That’s about 4.2mi round trip If you stay on the roads.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 3:50:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

McKelligon? That's about 4.2mi round trip If you stay on the roads.
View Quote
Yep. that one. McGregor is different and I don't like it there lol.

But yeah there's a trail from the road that keeps going up to the top of the ridge, the map shows that a trail connects to the trail over by transcontinental. However I've never done that hike
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 9:32:53 PM EDT
[#8]
I’m in for that, or Tin Mines, or anywhere else really.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 8:17:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Well our initial hump was successful. No one died and the only wounds are beautiful blisters from my delicate lady feet. Which my wife took great joy in watching me drain.

Good job gents

Attachment Attached File

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top