Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2021 6:19:38 PM EDT
I'm looking for input in my planning for the Angels homecoming this fall.  I'm in NCFL and would appreciate suggestions for lodging (reasonably priced cheap bastard rates) and good food (price secondary here).  I like oysters more than pizza if that helps, think Floridaman without a mullet.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 10:01:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Hotel wise, what do you want to be near? The beach, Downtown, the base (you'll go in the back entrance which is on the Westside, which is a meh part of town), I-10?

Oysters; Peg Legs (beach, good food) is where it's at. Old East Hill Grill (in town, owned by the people who own Peg Legs), Grand Marlin (beach, expensive, but good food). A Felix's is about ot open on the beach, supposed to be linked to the one in New Orleans, but we'll see if it is worth a crap.

Lot's of good places to eat.

Do not go to Flounders or Crabs.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 8:43:08 PM EDT
[#2]
As the other poster stated, I wouldn’t get a hotel near the base. Most are full of shady occupants. I’d look at downtown or the beach.

Peg Leg Pete’s on the beach for oysters.
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 8:29:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Thank you Gentlemen.  I'll check those out today.
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 9:09:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thank you Gentlemen.  I'll check those out today.
View Quote

Just stick to the South East side of Pensacola anywhere around the bay, Downtown, and around the convention center. Gulf Breeze is another option, this will give you access to town and the beach, I don't know if the Bay Bridge with be un#$%$#$ by then, figure a 20min drive on a good day to the rear entrance of the base. There are some good hotels around the airport as well.

Avoid the westside other than going to the show or any hotel on Davis Hwy, just avoid Davis Hwy all together. The place on Scenic/I-10 is a dump, don't stay there.

Don't speed if you go through Gulf Breeze, which you will have to do if you go to the beach. Do 2-3mph under the speed limit. All the PD has to do out there is pull people over and they have been bored for the past eight months.

Nick's Boathouse isn't very good either, despite what it looks like. The Oar House is pretty good/okay, may want to call to see if they have oysters, but it is closer to the base than the other places. Crawfish won't be in season, but Cub's Crawfish will probably be open and they have various cajun/creole stuff along with shrimp and crab legs, good owners, good food, it is by the base, open TH-SUN.

O'Riley's Downtown has good food as well. You'll probably end up going to Meguires since it is on some sort of tourist list, food is good, prices are ehhh, place is a bit overrated. Jaco's is good (bit pricey) and they have a good view. The Fish House is overpriced and overrated, you pay for the view, otherwise I wouldn't recommend it. Salt Grass is another place I would avoid along with Fin and Fork (which has neither a good view or good food.)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top