Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2021 11:24:43 AM EDT
So, we have quite the pack running locally. You can hear them all around at night. Had a huge one, looked at least as big as my 65 lb German Shepherd, go up the fairway behind the house.

Anyway, we have a Jack Russell as well, since hearing so many howls, I figured maybe I’d offer  services of my Anshutz 517 in HM2.

There’s generally no hunting allowed in the community but the neighbor tells me the manager says shot on sight for the coyotes.

I thought they were shoot on sight, no loicense needed as far as pagc was concerned:

Nope

Coyote Hunting

When can I hunt coyotes? During most of the year coyotes may be hunted with only a general license, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. However, during any open big game season, you will need to be lawful to hunt the appropriate big game or have a furtaker’s license.

How can I hunt coyotes during big game seasons with my general license? If you do not have a furtaker license, during big game season you may only hunt coyotes if you are lawful to hunt the big game that is season. That includes but is not limited to:

wearing the appropriate fluorescent orange for the big game season
using the appropriate arms for the big game season
having appropriate licenses and unused tags for the big game season
abiding by the hunting hours listed in the digest for the big game season
May I hunt coyotes on Sundays with my general hunting license during the big game season? Yes. You do NOT need a furtaker license to hunt coyotes on Sundays because Sundays are not considered open season for big game.

May I hunt coyotes at night during a big game season with my furtaker license? Yes. Only those with furtaker licenses may hunt coyotes at night during the big game season. However, you should expect to undergo quite a bit of scrutiny from a game warden if you are approached while hunting coyotes at night during a big game season. The wardens will just be doing their job under the circumstances.

May I use electronic predator calls and decoys while hunting coyotes? Yes. Electronic calls and decoys are permitted for coyote hunting.

May I use a dog to hunt furbearers? Dogs are permitted to hunt furbearers. Electronic devices used for locating dogs while training or hunting, including such devices as e-collars, radio-telemetry dog tracking systems and beeper collars are permitted.

Ok, forget it then. I’ll bear spray them in the yard if need be.

Can’t wait for the lols when Fifi down the street gets eaten.

Link Posted: 11/22/2021 10:25:17 PM EDT
[#1]
SSS

and/or

giggle when your anti-hunting neighbor's Yorkie gets eaten
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 9:51:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, fuck all that.

Coyote in my yard is getting smoked.  I have small dogs and I have chickens. IIRC PA law allows killing stuff out of season and without tags to protect poultry and livestock.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 12:46:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Whereabout in PA? Depending on location plenty of members here would be happy to help (myself included) and have all the licenses and gear.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 3:50:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Whereabout in PA? Depending on location plenty of members here would be happy to help (myself included) and have all the licenses and gear.
View Quote

Poconos

Private community. No outsiders allowed.

Thanks though.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 10:03:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Poconos

Private community. No outsiders allowed.

Thanks though.
View Quote

the drug dealers from ny and nj enter these private communities as well as the spike in crime lately
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 10:13:31 AM EDT
[#6]
On you property, going after your livestock etc, no licenses required iirc.

Link Posted: 12/9/2021 4:27:45 PM EDT
[#7]
A lot of the local communities here in the Poconos (and elsewhere of course) are HOAs and have strict rules regarding use or airguns and firearms, so I understand where he is at (I used to live in one myself).
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 6:06:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
A lot of the local communities here in the Poconos (and elsewhere of course) are HOAs and have strict rules regarding use or airguns and firearms, so I understand where he is at (I used to live in one myself).
View Quote

Two guys from the Pocs with Tuco in the tub for avatars.

@k75zracer
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 8:04:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Two guys from the Pocs with Tuco in the tub for avatars.

@k75zracer
View Quote

Yep! Good company, I guess.... @dogsplat

Send me an IM/email if you want to get together sometime!
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 1:04:55 PM EDT
[#10]
FPNI SSS
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 9:06:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Also in the Poconos here. Seeing lots of coyotes and red fox on my game game and home security cameras
Link Posted: 12/25/2021 10:12:30 PM EDT
[#12]
There have been packs of yotes in the Poconos for years.
I haven't hunted up there on about 25yrs and you would here them howling back and forth between the hilltops in the Promised Land and Tanglewood  ski slope areas.
Had one run past me in the dark on opening day one year. Flashlight and revolver instantly came out. One howling, within 50yds in the dark, gets your attention.
Link Posted: 12/25/2021 10:15:18 PM EDT
[#13]
I have them here in S Berks County. No packs though. Mostly just breeding pairs.
Had a pair of Bobcats about 15 yrs ago for a couple of years behind the house.
Link Posted: 12/25/2021 10:26:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have them here in S Berks County. No packs though. Mostly just breeding pairs.
Had a pair of Bobcats about 15 yrs ago for a couple of years behind the house.
View Quote

Yea I’m near lake ontelaunee and we have a lot. Even more fox.

Up in Tioga at camp there are many more though
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 7:21:23 PM EDT
[#15]

I'm trying to remember who the other Member was that Also had Clint's picture.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top