Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/12/2021 2:53:54 PM EDT
I got this in the mail just now:

Attachment Attached File

Let me be perfectly clear about something: FUCK THESE PEOPLE.

If you have a home to sell, don't sell it to some investor, who may or may not even reside in Idaho. They are simply going to take your property and rent it out at inflated prices, thereby contributing to a high cost of living in the area. This has the tendency of sending people to the government to enact price controls. And with out-of-staters pouring in like never before, this is something we simply cannot afford.

EDIT: Removed the name of the person who sent the card. They'll probably try to sue me for libel or whatever.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 3:21:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Most of these guys will quick claim your deed and leave the loan in your name. Back in the day I used to do some renovation work for some of them “house flippers”- bottom of the cesspool!
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 11:58:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Amen!! We have gotten these in our mailbox almost every week since we bought.

Also, be careful of title fraud. Its becoming a thing where people go and claim your property as their own and borrow against it. You default on that loan because you dont know it exists and then you lose the property
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 12:30:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Amen!! We have gotten these in our mailbox almost every week since we bought.

Also, be careful of title fraud. Its becoming a thing where people go and claim your property as their own and borrow against it. You default on that loan because you dont know it exists and then you lose the property
View Quote

I've got that and mortgage fraud on my mind as well.
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 4:30:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Wife got a call from one. She said we would be willing to sell. 3x current Zillow estimate. We could retire if they did.
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 6:00:26 PM EDT
[#5]
A work colleague of mine in Seattle gets a call from these idiots almost every week. That would drive me insane. I've managed to get my name off whatever list they use to contact people luckily.

They have a standard script even, it starts something like "I know this is weird, but I'm calling about buying your home."

It's always a low ball offer, looking for desperate people in bankruptcy or divorces.
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 2:31:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

PSA: Don't Sell Your Home to an Investor

I got this in the mail just now:

Attachment Attached File

Let me be perfectly clear about something: FUCK THESE PEOPLE.

If you have a home to sell, don't sell it to some investor, who may or may not even reside in Idaho. They are simply going to take your property and rent it out at inflated prices, thereby contributing to a high cost of living in the area. This has the tendency of sending people to the government to enact price controls. And with out-of-staters pouring in like never before, this is something we simply cannot afford.

EDIT: Removed the name of the person who sent the card. They'll probably try to sue me for libel or whatever.
View Quote

OP got a flyer in the mail, and rather than just throwing it away, and moving on with life.....you start a thread.

So your worried about rent control.....we currently have people not paying rent, and can't be evicted because of government.

Your worried about out of state investors.....when 95% of the houses sold here are being bought by actual home buyers that want to live here.

Your worried about getting sued for libel....for posting a flyer that was sent to your house.

OP ??------------->

Link Posted: 7/25/2021 3:16:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

OP got a flyer in the mail, and rather than just throwing it away, and moving on with life.....you start a thread.

So your worried about rent control.....we currently have people not paying rent, and can't be evicted because of government.

Your worried about out of state investors.....when 95% of the houses sold here are being bought by actual home buyers that want to live here.

Your worried about getting sued for libel....for posting a flyer that was sent to your house.

OP ??------------->https://media.tenor.com/images/0deab982c27efe942e9449466d411d01/tenor.gif

View Quote

OP can still count on one hand how may years he's lived in ID (one guess where from), but he regularly likes to complain about how bad traffic has become in the boise area, due to all the transplants, and how things are changing for the worse.  Like many of the outspoken vocal ones, they want to shut the door behind them, and think everyone moving in after them is the problem.
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 3:18:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Libertarian avatar, but telling others how and who to sell their property to.  Irony?
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 5:29:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Libertarian avatar, but telling others how and who to sell their property to.  Irony?
View Quote

Oof.
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 11:05:16 PM EDT
[#10]
EDIT: Nevermind. Fuck if I care.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 12:22:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

OP ??------------->https://media.tenor.com/images/0deab982c27efe942e9449466d411d01/tenor.gif

View Quote

I see you reply to a ton of threads, and you always act the same way, negative.

Why do you come in and crap on every thread you comment in?

If we didn't have people starting threads about different topics this forum would be pretty dead wouldn't it?

Lighten up a bit man, life is too short to be pissed off at the world.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 12:33:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

If we didn't have people starting threads about different topics this forum would be pretty dead wouldn't it?

View Quote

Eh, I wrote up this long reply about having grown up on the other side of the iron curtain (not really from California), and then said "fuck it" and removed it.

I figure this brings him happiness. Who am I to get in his way?

DISCLAIMER:
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 10:10:39 AM EDT
[#13]
We have some close friends who work in the medical field up here in N.ID They are NOT going to be experimental lab rats for a sketchy pharmaceutical manufacturer so they’re leaving the profession.
They have plan “B” but it required stupid amounts of money so they listed their home for retirement amounts of money.
Within HOURS someone made an offer OVER their ridiculous asking price.
Blackstone/Blackrock-who ever-has Gazillions of dollars. I don’t know if that’s who bought their place but it makes you wonder?
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 11:51:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
We have some close friends who work in the medical field up here in N.ID They are NOT going to be experimental lab rats for a sketchy pharmaceutical manufacturer so they’re leaving the profession.
They have plan “B” but it required stupid amounts of money so they listed their home for retirement amounts of money.
Blackstone/Blackrock-who ever-has Gazillions of dollars. I don’t know if that’s who bought their place but it makes you wonder?
View Quote

They going out of state?
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 7:56:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

They going out of state?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They going out of state?

No. Going remote....leave me the hell alone-remote.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 11:26:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

No. Going remote....leave me the hell alone-remote.
View Quote

Lucky
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 12:59:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 10:43:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

My reply to what was posted was optimistic, and is based in facts.
Others have posted things that are right in line with my sentiments.

OP made claims that are pessimistic, and are just feelings.
Are you going to call the OP out as an alarmist....or engaging in fear-mongering ??

And as far as any other thread replies go....they are irrelevant to this thread.....but once again....your calling me out, and making claims that just aren't true.

You  say I'm negative....... but isn't what you typed quoted above also negative ??

How hypocritical of you....

Your moral high-ground just collapsed.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 10:57:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

So, like, how many properties do you own?
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 11:34:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

So, like, how many properties do you own?
View Quote

So we are playing monopoly now ??

Or is it the "who's property is  bigger" game  ??

Link Posted: 8/3/2021 12:14:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

So we are playing monopoly now ??

Or is it the "who's property is  bigger" game  ??

View Quote

The thesis of my OP was that people in Idaho are better served by sellers dealing with families and not investors. My ire is directed entirely at investors.

You seem to be offended by this. I see two possibilities:

1. You are offended without provocation.
2. You stand to lose something from my message.
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 11:20:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The thesis of my OP was that people in Idaho are better served by sellers dealing with families and not investors. My ire is directed entirely at investors.

You seem to be offended by this. I see two possibilities:

1. You are offended without provocation.
2. You stand to lose something from my message.
View Quote

You still don't get it.....go read your first post at the top of the page, then read my 1st post at the top of the page..

You didn't post a flyer out of fear of being sued for libel. (this is just plain silly, it's a flyer literally sent to 1000's of people)

95% of the homes being sold ARE going to families, and not investors.

And you were going on about rent control....when the biggest problem at the time, was the fact renters are not  even paying rent, and landlords couldn't evict. (this expired recently)

So... what you posted, was fear-mongering, conjecture, and basically none of it actually exists.

And now you and zuki guy are trying to use the tactic of attacking me to deflect attention from the crap you guys posted, which you both realize now is pretty dumb.

The obvious fact here is....It's just about you, and what you posted.
I wasn't/don't get offended....I merely pointed out your irrational fears, and lack of any evidence for your assumptions.
But it does seems both you and zuki guy have your panties in a twist....calling me out in this thread proves it.
You couldn't attack my post with logic, truth, or facts.....so now, you both attack me.

And .....I don't buy/rent/invest  or deal with properties.....once again, your assumptions/assertions are 100% completely wrong.

So you and zuk guy been 100% wrong about everything you both have posted in this thread. Repeatedly.

Can't wait to see how you two guys top all this.....
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 11:25:54 AM EDT
[#23]
The house sitting right next to my best friend is owned by California residents and rented out to locals.
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 3:31:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You still don't get it.....go read your first post at the top of the page, then read my 1st post at the top of the page..

You didn't post a flyer out of fear of being sued for libel. (this is just plain silly, it's a flyer literally sent to 1000's of people)

95% of the homes being sold ARE going to families, and not investors.

And you were going on about rent control....when the biggest problem at the time, was the fact renters are not  even paying rent, and landlords couldn't evict. (this expired recently)

So... what you posted, was fear-mongering, conjecture, and basically none of it actually exists.

And now you and zuki guy are trying to use the tactic of attacking me to deflect attention from the crap you guys posted, which you both realize now is pretty dumb.

The obvious fact here is....It's just about you, and what you posted.
I wasn't/don't get offended....I merely pointed out your irrational fears, and lack of any evidence for your assumptions.
But it does seems both you and zuki guy have your panties in a twist....calling me out in this thread proves it.
You couldn't attack my post with logic, truth, or facts.....so now, you both attack me.

And .....I don't buy/rent/invest  or deal with properties.....once again, your assumptions/assertions are 100% completely wrong.

So you and zuk guy been 100% wrong about everything you both have posted in this thread. Repeatedly.

Can't wait to see how you two guys top all this.....
View Quote

Don’t be a pedantic POS
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 12:19:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Don’t be a pedantic POS
View Quote

The absolute best thing in this thread is your avatar! Fact.
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 11:03:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Don’t be a pedantic POS
View Quote

Don't be a POS that has to mislabel people.
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 11:15:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 11:39:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I don't remember football being anything like that. No wonder I hated high school.
View Quote

That wouldn't have flown at my high school. With the faculty, I mean. Guys would have obviously been completely fine with it.
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 7:47:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The absolute best thing in this thread is your avatar! Fact.
View Quote

I vote we switch this to a boobie thread.
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 9:13:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Nice turn of events
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 9:55:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I vote we switch this to a boobie thread.
View Quote

Being the upstanding individual that I am, I could never second such a motion.

Of course I don't have to object, either!
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 5:45:42 PM EDT
[#32]
here, I'll help

Link Posted: 8/11/2021 10:27:11 AM EDT
[#33]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top