Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2018 8:42:02 PM EDT
Anyone going?  I am thinking about it.  Short trip from the Bitterroot.
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 9:13:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm interested.

Don't know how they're going to hand out tickets.

Hope its out by the airport since if its in the Adams Center the UM commies will be out in force plus parking/driving in that area will be a mess.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 12:02:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Really? No info? You had one job, OP...
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 3:24:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Really? No info? You had one job, OP...
View Quote
I think it is all still classified... Until then.

Link Posted: 10/12/2018 10:17:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I would go. I saw him in Billings last month. Also got to set up WH communications for the visit all around town.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 12:42:51 AM EDT
[#5]
100% going.  Couldn't make GF or Billings.  100% going to this.  I'm pretty stoked.

They must really feel Rosey has a chance over Tester or else they wouldn't be wasting their time...
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 11:28:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 10:36:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Nothing yet on how to get tickets.

KXLF Butte

And nothing on the MT GOP site.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 10:55:49 PM EDT
[#8]
They should hold it out at the airport.

If it's on the UM Adams Center the Administration there will mobilize all the lefties to protest.
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 12:30:03 AM EDT
[#9]
I registered for tickets on donaldjtrump.com. they texted a confirmation number and a link to the tickets.  I registered for 2 tickets. I'm not smart enough to figure out how to print them. Hopefully you can hit the link again at the rally and pull up your tickets on the phone for them to scan.

There is a link to the tickets on Rosendale's Facebook page.

I dont know how this works though.  I am not going to stand in line all day, I have things to do.  The tickets say to be there by 330.  I've heard others say you need to be there much earlier.

Right now its scheduled to be at the Neptune aviation hangar at the airport.
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 8:20:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 3:19:11 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote
https://www.donaldjtrump.com/rallies/mt-oct-2018/?utm_medium=web&utm_source=djt_web&utm_content=rally_list

Event ScheduleThu, October 18, 2018

Missoula, MT
06:30 pm (MDT)

DOORS OPEN 3:30PM (MT)
Neptune Aviation Services
Hangar #6
1 Corporate Way
Missoula, MT 59808
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 3:36:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Going to be fun!
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 9:39:11 PM EDT
[#13]
i got a ticket, was thinking about being there around 5. 1hr 30min should be enough time right?
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 10:18:45 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm going. Wife and kid want to come. Anyone concerned about protesters, antifa, etc? Would you bring your wife/kids?
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 8:12:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 8:13:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 9:11:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Was out scouting yesterday about 10 miles north of the ID border.  Saw a truck weirdly parked in a remote location.  Checked with the occupant who told me he left his house to find a cell phone signal to see if he was able to get his ticket to the rally.  His was giddy to learn he was getting to go to the rally on Thursday.  He wasn't overly political just excited to see a sitting president.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 12:05:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Read today they have moved it from Neptune aviation hangar to the Minuteman Aviation hanger.  Smaller venue, but they can use AF1 as a backdrop for the speach.  The article said it was one of the few places at the airport that can support the weight of AF1.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 12:31:03 AM EDT
[#19]
I would totally go, except I start my Annual Training with the USAR tomorrow.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 10:27:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
i got a ticket, was thinking about being there around 5. 1hr 30min should be enough time right?
View Quote
That what time I was thinking.  First come first serve though, so I may go earlier at 4:30pm.
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 12:06:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Everyone has to park at & take a shuttle bus from NorthStar Jet off Corporate Way (east side of the airport) due to limited parking at the airport. Check the link.

Parking & Shuttle info
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 1:17:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Parking sounds like it's going to be terrible.  We live about 15 minutes from the airport and we're leaving here around 3.   Not looking forward to standing around for 3 hours nor are my wife's knees, but I think it's been 64 years since a sitting POTUS visited Missoula.

FB is already showing lines forming.  Gates don't even open for another 3-1/2 hours.
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 2:13:37 PM EDT
[#23]
I was at Northstar Jet this morning taking an exam. People everywhere. Got yelled at by cops for trying to get where i needed to be. They let me through when i showed proof that I needed to be there. Fuck that noise. I couldn't get out of there fast enough. The family and I will just stay home tonight.
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 5:36:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Stuck in traffic about a mile before airport entrance.  Moved about 200 yds in the last 30 minutes.  At this rate we should get parked by about breakfast tomorrow.
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 10:24:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Many people got sick of waiting and ended up just parking on the side of the road and walked to the yuge snaking line to get on the buses. Can't say I've been in a line that long before.
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 11:20:00 PM EDT
[#26]
We parked just past the forest lounge and walked a mile or so to get in line.  When we finally boarded a bus and got to the minuteman aviation site we heard over the drivers radio instructions to not board anymore busses as the facility was full.  So we made it, but just barely.  5 hours from when we left the car till we got back to the car.  Wife's knees are toast.

Good speach overall.  Trump will never go down in history for being a great orator, but his message was well received I think.

A few loonies about protesting, but I didn't see any aggressive behavior by anyone.  One clearly clever group just stood by the entrance to the parking area with a big fuck you (or fuck off I dont recall for sure) sign.  They will go far in life with their cleverness.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 11:28:21 PM EDT
[#27]
I didn't get tickets since I had a feeling things were going to get crazy with all the interest. My Plan B was to go to a Industrial Center, off Expressway Road, right across from Minuteman to see the AF1 land and get some pics before going home to watch the speech.

I went into town around 1300 and got some business done but even by then I could see traffic picking up and LEO lights flashing as I went over the west Broadway bridge. I went out to my chosen location and when I drove in there were two Missoula County Deputies in a PU. I talked with them and they said that security might move folks out of there about 30-45 minutes before AF1 would land.  I went to a good spot and a couple other guys parked & we talked.

But abut 1500 the LEO's (Kalispell PD) came and told us to move out up to Expressway Road and we couldn't get any closer.  I move and then stood waiting.  In the mean time I watched with my binocs the whole train of buses shuttling folks up west Broadway from the parking area.  It seemed like an endless number of shuttles & they started putting people out on the tarmac where a outside screen was set up.

The LEOs would chase rigs out until 1630 when it seemed they changed their minds and let a bunch of folks in, I waited for awhile then walked to were I was at first and it was full of folks including LEOs. I saw some friends there & I heard that there were so many folks that they filled up the parking. I found out some folks had got in line at the designated parking & bus pickup at 0900 in the morning and it had filled up quick after.

We waited until before 1800 when AF1 came over up pretty high from the east. It flew past the airport out towards Alberton before swinging around for a long glide slope landing just after 1800. It swung around and parked at Minuteman. Got a few long-distance pics of AF-1 and waited until the loud speakers announced the POTUS.

I went back to my rig and got home about 25 min after I left.

It seemed to me most of Ravalli & 1/2 of Missoula CO was there.

I did here that some dirt bags went up the "L" and posted some profanity in large letters for those to see. I didn't see anything up on the "M" side.

The POTUS got a nice view of the area coming in with a really nice sunset.
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 11:45:03 PM EDT
[#28]
I think the M became iMpeach.  The L was Liar.
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 12:11:27 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I think the M became iMpeach.  The L was Liar.
View Quote
The news just talked about those.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top