Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2021 9:41:31 AM EDT
Anyone know what’s up with the 500 yard range willing to drop me a PM?  Seen some email traffic, but haven’t attended a meeting in a while, and will be on a fishing trip for the next one.

Thanks very much.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 12:31:34 PM EDT
[#1]
the 500 is closed indefinitely due to complaints from neighbors and a zoning issue.  Part of the 500 is located on the newer property which is zoned agricultural.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 1:58:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info. I was wondering what happened myself.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 4:26:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
the 500 is closed indefinitely due to complaints from neighbors and a zoning issue.  Part of the 500 is located on the newer property which is zoned agricultural.
View Quote

Was there really any complaints from neighbors? How could a neighbor discern a difference between the 500yd range vs the 300yd/shotgun range?
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 10:01:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Was there really any complaints from neighbors? How could a neighbor discern a difference between the 500yd range vs the 300yd/shotgun range?
View Quote

I am not on the board so I can't substantiate the claim.  However, talking to a member of the board a few weeks ago, I heard that someone who thinks guns are ichy was looking for a way to harass the club and discovered that the new parcel is zoned agricultural while the original parcel is zoned commercial.  Suggest you go to the next meeting to get the facts directly... I am just relating what I heard from a "reliable" source.   However, I did look at the Pickens County Assessor records and the original parcel is zoned Commercial; while the newer parcel is Agricultural.

As president of my HOA I can say the the County does not cruise around looking to create issues.  I believe the story that someone issued a complaint and the County is now forced to react.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 8:24:22 PM EDT
[#5]
After all the email traffic and FB stuff, I'm going to have to go to the July meeting.

Appreciate the info.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 2:31:55 PM EDT
[#6]
As much as I dislike going to the meetings, I'm going to go in July, as well.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 1:07:05 PM EDT
[#7]
All this drama makes me glad i didnt renew, though the renewal refusal was an NRA protest.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 8:51:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Well that sucks, I have shot on the 500 yard range a few times there over the years as a guest. PCSC is one of a very few number of ranges that is decent in the N. Ga area.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 12:44:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Classic combination of free rider problems and neighbor issues.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top