Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2023 7:25:33 PM EDT
Cheyenne City Council President Richard Johnson awoke to a rather demeaning email on Thursday morning, in response to his proposed ordinance to limit single-use plastic bags in his city.

"Dear Dick," the email from Adam Towns reads. "Screw you and your taxing of plastic bags. Stupid liberal crap like that is partly why my wife and I moved here from Fort Collins with our children."

The email goes on to outrageously accuse Johnson and the ordinance cosponsors on the plastic bag ban of engaging in sexually explicit acts together and told him his "parents must have been prophetic to give you such an apt name."

"It was a great way to start my day," Johnson said with a laugh.

moar
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 7:29:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Hopefully he listens.
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 9:48:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Keep that Front Range shit outta Wyoming.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 6:03:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 6:53:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lew] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By prebans:
I was not expecting to see anything like this in WY for a very long time.
View Quote

Well, if it's any comfort, this is five+ years behind the "times".
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 8:12:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 9:16:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: nefj40] [#6]
The amount of CO tags I see on Wyoming's roads every day has been increasing dramatically over the last five years. Yesterday afternoon, heading north on 25 out of Cheyenne, the CO tags outnumbered the WY tags 10-1 at times. Sure, you can say that they are just weekenders going to their vacation home's, but how long will it be before they stay? Been down on the front range recently? It's a mass of humanity, and a grade A shithole, and people will begin fleeing that. Pre-Covid I never would have thought that I'd be saying this, but Wyoming will fall. Maybe not this week, month or year, but eventually it will happen. It's just a numbers thing.
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 1:09:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By nefj40:
The amount of CO tags I see on Wyoming's roads every day has been increasing dramatically over the last five years. Yesterday afternoon, heading north on 25 out of Cheyenne, the CO tags outnumbered the WY tags 10-1 at times. Sure, you can say that they are just weekenders going to their vacation home's, but how long will it be before they stay? Been down on the front range recently? It's a mass of humanity, and a grade A shithole, and people will begin fleeing that. Pre-Covid I never would have thought that I'd be saying this, but Wyoming will fall. Maybe not this week, month or year, but eventually it will happen. It's just a numbers thing.
View Quote

The real test will be how many are up here in the winter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top