Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2021 8:35:51 AM EDT
Taking a family vacation to Northern GA for Thanksgiving. On the way up we’re stopping at the Zoo and possibly the College Football Hall of Fame.

Looks like I’ll be ok with my AL permit at the zoo but the Hall of Fame might be a no go with my pistol. Looks like they do searches at the HOF.

Just wondering if anyone can confirm this? Anything else in Atlanta we should think about seeing? Planning on 1-1.5 days in  Atlanta.
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 9:50:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Zoo is good to go, no metal detectors etc.  Concealed carry of course.

College HOF has searches and detectors and not CCW friendly.

others:  
Aquarium: no weapons allowed, searches and detectors
World of coke: no weapons allowed, searches and detectors

Link Posted: 11/17/2021 10:55:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Zoo is good to go, no metal detectors etc.  Concealed carry of course.

College HOF has searches and detectors and not CCW friendly.

others:  
Aquarium: no weapons allowed, searches and detectors
World of coke: no weapons allowed, searches and detectors

View Quote
I have not been to College HOF, but for WOC and aquarium I just wear compression shorts (Like the workout type) and stuff a small gun in them so it sits around my balls. They never want to get that deep into a search and always let me know, then I just transfer it to the belt or pocket.
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 9:04:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the answers. Guess we won’t need that much time in Atlanta after all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top