Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/24/2024 8:50:53 PM EDT
Did anyone get their voters pamphlet yet? I got mine yesterday and upon looking at it there isn't any republican candidates listed-just democrats and nonpartisan.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:29:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Piratepast40] [#1]
The voters pamphlet is for the primary election in May.  Some city and county races will be decided in this election and not in November.  Just before the candidates Statements section, you should see a page titled 'Closed Primary Elections in Oregon'.  That explains which party seats are part of the primary with the final decision in November.  If you don't have any, either there are none in your district, or you are registered as a Democrat or Independant.

Remember, all politics are local.  Candidates come up through the ranks.  The person running for city counsel, county commissioner, or local judge, could very well be determining your future, from a higher seat, years from now. Choose wisely.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 7:02:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Piratepast40:
The voters pamphlet is for the primary election in May.  Some city and county races will be decided in this election and not in November.  Just before the candidates Statements section, you should see a page titled 'Closed Primary Elections in Oregon'.  That explains which party seats are part of the primary with the final decision in November.  If you don't have any, either there are none in your district, or you are registered as a Democrat or Independant.

Remember, all politics are local.  Candidates come up through the ranks.  The person running for city counsel, county commissioner, or local judge, could very well be determining your future, from a higher seat, years from now. Choose wisely.
View Quote
I actually understand the primary pretty well. We should be voting for Presidential primary candidates and only Joe Biden is listed. There is no republican candidates in the voter pamphlet and there is only democratic candidates for Secretary of State. I was wondering if I got a dud or if others noticed this too.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:34:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Piratepast40] [#3]
Mine has both party candidates listed for all the offices.  I have Brent Barker and Dennis Linthicum both as SoS.  Call the county clerk and get a complete pamphlet.  

Also get hold of Oregon Peoples Vote: https://www.oregonpeoplesvote.com/.  They are the only group that I know of that is actually tracking inconsistencies.  Last cycle, there was no clearinghouse for this type of information and most people didn't complain until after the election.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:50:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 5:12:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Are you sure you're not just looking in the wrong area? The Republicans are in the from and dems in the back of the one I got.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 6:39:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AASG:
Are you sure you're not just looking in the wrong area? The Republicans are in the from and dems in the back of the one I got.
View Quote
Yes I am sure but I have since learned that Trump didn't submit anything to the Oregon SoS not sure why there isn't any Attorney General or SoS GOP candidates though
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:48:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Ballots should start showing up tomorrow.  Today is the deadline to register to vote in the primary.  I'm actually finding conservative hispanics that haven't registered to vote yet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top