Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2021 11:15:24 PM EDT
ESSB 5038, the prohibition of open carry in demonstrations passed this evening.  There were a number of amendments that were added that I want you all to be aware of.  Some were "good", some were "bad".

First the good:  If you have a CPL, you are exempt (as long as weapon remains concealed)  Text of amendment 483

BUT THE NEXT ONE IS VERY IMPORTANT (Be bloody careful mates!):  At the request of the Washington State Patrol, Amendment 467 added an emergency clause meaning that ESSB 5038 - in its entirety - takes effect NOW

Text of Amendment 467

But wait - there's more!

"Autonomous Zones" are now included in the language.  Yep, if you open carry within 250 feet of an "autonomous zone" you could get popped.

Text of Amendment 480

Pretty much the entire Capital campus is off limits to open carry now along with 250 feet around the "perimeter".  

ETA:  formatting

Link Posted: 3/28/2021 11:16:50 PM EDT
[#1]
So, does that mean that armed individuals within an autonomous zone are fair game as well?
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 11:18:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So, does that mean that armed individuals within an autonomus zone are fair game as well?
View Quote

I want to say "yes" but in reality it will probably depend on party affiliation if you know what I mean.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 11:26:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I want to say "yes" but in reality it will probably depend on party affiliation if you know what I mean.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So, does that mean that armed individuals within an autonomus zone are fair game as well?

And skin color
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 11:29:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like the added a autonomous zone as a sanctioned demonstration as long as authorities do not disband it within the initial 24 hours of formation.  No open carry if its been there for a day.  Glad the state is being honest about officially supporting the acts of the domestic terrorists that occupied Capitol Hill last year.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 11:40:09 PM EDT
[#5]
You'd have to be a special kind of stupid to want to open carry in an "autonomous zone" anyway
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 1:19:12 AM EDT
[#6]
I think WSP requested the emergency clause because ANTIFA is getting really frisky in Oregon right now and they’re nervous about it spreading here.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 8:30:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Any excuse they can use, they will try to push through their agenda.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 11:04:16 AM EDT
[#8]
The 250’ bullshit was amended to “knowingly” being within the 250’ perimeter I believe, so at least it should mean a warning to leave first. “Oh, antifa is burning cars over there again?  I had no idea, I’ll  go the other way, kaythanksbye”
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 8:44:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Well, they had to, just had to...DO (ie pass) SOMETHING.  

$.02 worth,
Boss
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 1:55:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I think WSP requested the emergency clause because ANTIFA is getting really frisky in Oregon right now and they’re nervous about it spreading here.
View Quote

It started up here last year. Where were they?
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 10:20:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Sounds like the added a autonomous zone as a sanctioned demonstration as long as authorities do not disband it within the initial 24 hours of formation.  No open carry if its been there for a day.  Glad the state is being honest about officially supporting the acts of the domestic terrorists that occupied Capitol Hill last year.
View Quote

You are not wrong. “Autonomous zone” has no place in any law, as now they’ve given validation to these shenanigans to hold a community hostage.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 2:19:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Neighbor is WSP. They were requested to go to Seattle. He and other troopers from his sector refused and said whatever, fire us. He still is WSP so obviously they didn't.

Have mixed feelings on it. I can't blame him for saying fuck Seattle, but allowing the chaz to exist was a huge mistake.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 6:03:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Neighbor is WSP. They were requested to go to Seattle. He and other troopers from his sector refused and said whatever, fire us. He still is WSP so obviously they didn't.

Have mixed feelings on it. I can't blame him for saying fuck Seattle, but allowing the chaz to exist was a huge mistake.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

De-mixify yourself. "Protect & Serve" is horseshit, & equal protection under the law is now null & void. Choose your associations accordingly.
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 9:22:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Can't blame the members of WSP for Chaz.  The National Guard could have been brought in.
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 10:47:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Can't blame the members of WSP for Chaz.  The National Guard could have been brought in.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Natl Guard was there, unarmed.  They (commies) were allowed to advance until they threatened to throw gasoline on the soldiers and light them on fire, then SPD stepped in with their less than lethal.  Following day the guardsmen helped board up the police department before pulling out of what would become the CHAZ, at the spineless, treason-committing commie governors order.
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 11:30:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Would arms and live ammo been issued to the National Guard if CHAZ had been created / occupied by Trump voters/right wing/christian types?
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 12:16:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Would arms and live ammo been issued to the National Guard if CHAZ had been created / occupied by Trump voters/right wing/christian types?
View Quote

Well, the National Guard in DC was armed for the inauguration, and probably still is.  This is always done when an election isn't stolen.
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 12:00:56 AM EDT
[#18]
So no matter what, whether its a demonstration, the capitol or an erogenous zone, CCW is still legal?
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 2:20:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
So no matter what, whether its a demonstration, the capitol or an erogenous zone, CCW is still legal?
View Quote

Looks that way.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 12:12:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Not Surprised.
Latest horse shit from kali north.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 7:02:47 AM EDT
[#21]
I pretty much figured that this was going to pass and I’m sure they’re going to slide something in at the last minute to limit magazine capacity to 10rds before this session is officially over.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 7:39:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I pretty much figured that this was going to pass and I’m sure they’re going to slide something in at the last minute to limit magazine capacity to 10rds before this session is officially over.
View Quote

I realize pessimism is the mark of a Washington gun owner, but ESSB 5038 hasn't received a Senate concurrence vote yet.  They tried to slip a magazine capacity limit in at the last minute towards the end of last year's session and it didn't work.

I hope you are staying engaged and using the tools that are out there to join the rest of us in the fight.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 4:30:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I realize pessimism is the mark of a Washington gun owner, but ESSB 5038 hasn't received a Senate concurrence vote yet.  They tried to slip a magazine capacity limit in at the last minute towards the end of last year's session and it didn't work.

I hope you are staying engaged and using the tools that are out there to join the rest of us in the fight.
View Quote

First, thank you twodeucetrey for taking point and getting the word out to everybody!!

I’ve written several of our local and State elected officials to express my concerns about implementing any further meaningless restrictions on firearms and will continue to.  Being retired Army, 13 years Active/13 years Reserve and a retired LEO, I also inform them of the lack of enforcing the current laws that we have with criminals, who violate that laws regardless AND that any new laws/restrictions isn’t going to make our communities any safer since in our current system, criminals are not held responsible for their actions.  But that law biding citizens, who work hard and pay taxes are held responsible for the violent crimes, when in fact, it’s the criminal justice system should be held responsible for their lack of accountability.

Heck, I finally became a Life Member of the NRA in January.

Since I live in King Country, I don’t expect too much common sense from our elected officials, but I will continue to make noise, while attempting to point out facts, without them being tied to some useless emotion or an equally useless feeling.

Yes, it’s hard to be pessimistic in Washington State, since this State is fast becoming “Californianized” with all their failed BS.

I was born and raised here and this is my home...  I’ve often felt like popping smoke and unassing the A.O., but this is my home and running isn’t in my nature.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top