Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2018 6:08:43 PM EDT
Link

So, if a SUNY Purchase student was to post flyers or posters that included anti-Christian imagery on campus that student would get arrested for a hate crime too?

Didn’t think so.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 7:05:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Kid doesn't seem to meet the profile of  a nazi -maybe trying to stir things up with a false flag and got hoist on his own petard?

The specific charge is an E Felony and the statute specifically references nazi symbols.

“A person is guilty of aggravated harassment in the first degree when with intent to harass, annoy, threaten or alarm another person, because of a belief or perception regarding such person’s race, color, national origin, ancestry, gender, religion, religious practice, age, disability or sexual orientation, regardless of whether the belief or perception is correct,

Etches, paints, draws upon or otherwise places a swastika, commonly exhibited as the emblem of Nazi Germany, on any building or other real property, public or private, owned by any person, firm or corporation or any public agency or instrumentality, without express permission of the owner or operator of such building or real property.”
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 7:42:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah. I looked up the statute after I posted.

Would be interesting to see what this guy’s motive was. Oneonta is another liberal college town. Not exactly a hotbed for white supremacy.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 7:50:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 8:42:01 PM EDT
[#4]
you have zero 1st admend in ny now..
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 12:52:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah. I looked up the statute after I posted.

Would be interesting to see what this guy’s motive was. Oneonta is another liberal college town. Not exactly a hotbed for white supremacy.
View Quote
There was always an odd clique of townie skinheads at OHS 20+- years ago.  Probably still is.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top