Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2021 7:17:19 PM EDT
This may be my last season here, so it's time.

Which unit should I try and draw? I don't have any private land connections, so it's probably going to have to be public.

Male or female?

And does going muzzleloader either really help my chances of getting a tag, or really screw me in the actual hunt?
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 8:30:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you have any points built up?
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 8:35:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't think I have any.
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 2:10:31 AM EDT
[#3]
I've been getting preference points for 3 years in hopes that CPW keeps the point requirement at 7 to draw a pronghorn tag in the San Luis Valley four years from now.  I'll be 70, if I'm lucky enough to draw at that time.  Hoping they don't raise the number of required points (point creep) in the meantime.

Are there any game mgt. units where you can get a tag over the counter or by online application to hunt antelope that same season?  I'm not aware of any near the middle of the state where I am, anyway.  Good luck OP.
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 8:00:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Look at big game draw statistics to see if you need points or not

Most land east of 25 is private , the small patches of public get hammered by locals

I think CO is starting the bgap again you might want to look - big game access program so you can get goats east of 25 it’s a land use agreement w ranchers
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 8:11:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Several pronghorn units in SE Colo can be drawn for mz with 0 points. Limited public land, but there is some there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top