Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2020 1:47:04 PM EDT
Are there any planned in Columbus or Cincinnati soon?
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 3:38:37 PM EDT
[#1]

facebook group Ohio GBTWP

they are doing protests every monday and sat at state house

Link Posted: 4/24/2020 6:50:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm considering going tomorrow
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 6:57:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll hold off until the 1st of the month.

Unless there is serious change then I'll be at every one of them.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 7:35:25 AM EDT
[#4]
DeRamesses extends stay-at-home to May 29...so let it be written, so let it be done.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 7:52:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By xxxAMISHxxx:

facebook group Ohio GBTWP

they are doing protests every monday and sat at state house

View Quote

Wonder if that's why Dewine is giving his addresses from Cleveland?
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 9:23:07 AM EDT
[#6]

View Quote

Does anyone know of any other protest organizational forums/sites/meetups? I’m not on FB (Asshat Zuckerberg can go F-off), but would love to participate!
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 9:26:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By MtnBrewer:

Does anyone know of any other protest organizational forums/sites/meetups? I’m not on FB (Asshat Zuckerberg can go F-off), but would love to participate!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MtnBrewer:

Does anyone know of any other protest organizational forums/sites/meetups? I’m not on FB (Asshat Zuckerberg can go F-off), but would love to participate!

It's tomorrow (Saturday) 12-3 at the statehouse -- drive around the block honking or walk the grounds, wave flags and/or signs
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 11:38:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By NightFox:

It's tomorrow (Saturday) 12-3 at the statehouse -- drive around the block honking or walk the grounds, wave flags and/or signs
View Quote

I'll be there tomorrow.

Any advice for a protest virgin mostly plan to just add to the numbers and  see how things work.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 11:33:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By NightFox:

It's tomorrow (Saturday) 12-3 at the statehouse -- drive around the block honking or walk the grounds, wave flags and/or signs
View Quote

Ah! Thx, I’ll try to make it down from the Akron area.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 12:50:27 AM EDT
[#10]
There might be a protest at Marion Correctional Institution Saturday.  There was a canopy and tripod mounted cameras there Friday afternoon.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 6:14:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Ridgeline:

I'll be there tomorrow.

Any advice for a protest virgin mostly plan to just add to the numbers and  see how things work.
View Quote

Wear a Hawaiian shirt?
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 9:35:44 AM EDT
[#12]
I know of the shirt thing in the b-loo  context but don't really understand it.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 10:58:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Just FYI these protests are yet another part of the Dorr family business along with guns, abortion, schools, trump and now COVID.

Not saying that is a deal breaker, just realize who you are playing with.

JLE
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 11:13:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Racsan:
Just FYI these protests are yet another part of the Dorr family business along with guns, abortion, schools, trump and now COVID.

Not saying that is a deal breaker, just realize who you are playing with.

JLE
View Quote

What group are they associated with? I've seen more than one promoting protests. And what is the source?
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 7:48:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Racsan:
Just FYI these protests are yet another part of the Dorr family business along with guns, abortion, schools, trump and now COVID.

Not saying that is a deal breaker, just realize who you are playing with.

JLE
View Quote

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Can you please explain?

Who are the Dorrs and what is their business?

How are they profiting? Is that bad? Are they bad?

Etc.....
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 11:48:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Sorry the Dorr's had been discussed here a few months back.  Not saying you they are bad just make sure you do your home work before donating or giving person information.

The Dorr brothers business model is to set up 'non-profit' groups like Iowa Gun Owners, Ohio Gun Owners, Minnesota Gun Owners to collect donations and email lists that they then funnel back to a family owned printing company for 'consulting' work.  They built on their father's template around school budget and board elections and have now branched out further to pro-gun, Anti-abortion, pro-trump and now anti-quarantine groups.
MO is the same, start up facebook groups, make inflammatory facebook videos soliciting for donations and emails list, hire family to 'work' for the group, lather, rinse, repeat.

Here is one recent article but google and the 'True Iowa Gun Owners' FB group has much more

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2020/04/20/behind-calls-to-reopen-economy-a-mn-activist-and-his-family

https://www.facebook.com/trueiowagunowners/

JLE
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 3:31:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Hmm... Good information to know. I don't mind if people profit a little off of protests by selling flags, shirts, bumper stickers, etc. but it sounds like they're doing something significantly less ethical than that. Probably not illegal, but certainly has the stench of actions I'd expect more from liberal activists than conservatives.

(Time to cue up that NBC "The more you know" music...)

Edit: After reading the articles above, the conspiracy theorist in me has to wonder if this guy is actually a liberal activist who's presenting himself as a conservative. It would be an interesting strategy - both to spread discontent and disinformation among the conservative ranks, and also siphon some financial support away in the form of donations to his "causes".
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top