Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2020 4:23:31 PM EDT
Senate UNANIMOUSLY rejects the bill limiting health directors "orders" to 14days without a bipartisan committee ok-ing them further... btw the quotes from swine boy are priceless in the article...
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 4:42:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Senate UNANIMOUSLY rejects the bill limiting health directors "orders" to 14days without a bipartisan committee ok-ing them further... btw the quotes from swine boy are priceless in the article...
View Quote
Wow.  I mean I'm in urban Cleveland so I know that my representatives don't agree with me but NO ONE broke ranks on this vote.  That is unreal...
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 4:49:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By greyguy:
Wow.  I mean I'm in urban Cleveland so I know that my representatives don't agree with me but NO ONE broke ranks on this vote.  That is unreal...
View Quote

Yup, its at the point where voting them out isn't going to really do alot since you'd have to flip literally the entire senate...... this is just sad
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 5:18:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow.

Nothing COC to say here.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 5:20:43 PM EDT
[#4]
"Under this bill; if it ever became law, it would be nothing but chaos, It's just — I don't quite understand it," he said...

Uh yeah swine... you dont understand that the bill takes away the unilateral power of an unelected twat to criminalize the entire state and crush its economy and the lives of its residents... checks and balances scare you dont they.....
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 7:39:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks like they just voted against the amendment added to the bill. Maybe to ensure the bill itself gets passed since there wasn't a veto proof majority? Maybe revisit issue? IDK.

I agree that there needs to be a way for the legislature to review restrictions put upon people in a state of emergency. Dewine's argument about this creating chaos makes no sense.

I'd hate to see a D replace him come election time, but I can't see me voting for him if said election was tomorrow.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 7:52:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm done with the R party.
Let them know it as well.

I'm sure they really have a damn.

They all deserve to lose at this point. They just abdicated their authority to a doctor over a bad cold.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 7:54:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By AirRaceFan:
Looks like they just voted against the amendment added to the bill. Maybe to ensure the bill itself gets passed since there wasn't a veto proof majority? Maybe revisit issue? IDK.

I agree that there needs to be a way for the legislature to review restrictions put upon people in a state of emergency. Dewine's argument about this creating chaos makes no sense. 

I'd hate to see a D replace him come election time, but I can't see me voting for him if said election was tomorrow.
View Quote

So some sneaky going on here.. i was confused with what you said... looks like they updated the article 45 minutes ago, it initially stated the bill was vetoed,  didn't even mention an amendment, not even in the title.  Still its not good
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 8:58:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Wow.  I mean I'm in urban Cleveland so I know that my representatives don't agree with me but NO ONE broke ranks on this vote.  That is unreal...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks like the senate is working on a different bill that will do the same thing. SB311

The cleveland.com story says the senate rejected the previous bill because of changes made by the house. According to the wkyc story, SB311 would be more restrictive on Dr Amy:

"unlike SB 1, however, any current orders falling under the category mentioned above would cease upon passage, rather than after the 90 days."

https://myfox28columbus.com/news/coronavirus/ohio-senate-bill-would-limit-dr-actons-power-orders

https://www.wkyc.com/article/news/politics/2-ohio-state-senators-introduce-bill-calling-for-immediate-end-to-coronavirus-shutdown/95-56d57470-89a2-48a4-b430-fe53434baa13

https://www.cleveland.com/open/2020/05/ohio-senate-rejects-house-plan-to-limit-dr-amy-actons-authority.html

Link Posted: 5/21/2020 9:56:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Well that's good to hear. One of the sponsors of the House bill actually asked the senate to reject it so that it could be fixed. I was really hoping there was something like this going on behind the scenes when I read this yesterday.

from the Cleveland.com article:
"Senate Bill 1 was all about limited government," said Sen. Kristina Roegner, a Hudson Republican who sponsored the bill but asked her colleagues in the Senate to reject the bill because of how the House altered it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/21/2020 10:01:17 AM EDT
[#10]
If the legislature does send something to Dewine's desk, he needs to be hammered with enough emails, calls, and letters to convince him that any aspirations he might have for a 2nd term ride upon him signing it.

Of course, the unlikely possibility of passage with a veto proof majority would be better.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 11:15:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If the legislature does send something to Dewine's desk, he needs to be hammered with enough emails, calls, and letters to convince him that any aspirations he might have for a 2nd term ride upon him signing it.

Of course, the unlikely possibility of passage with a veto proof majority would be better.
View Quote

We, his constituents, will never have as much influence over him as the approval of Dr Acton (who I'm still convinced he's having an affair with).

It's sad but predictable how the news on the radio is spinning this today, only mentioning that it was defeated unanimously not mentioning that it is being re-written to fix problems.  Of course they say it right after talking about how protective Mike "NoSpine" is regarding all of the meanies criticizing or protesting Dr Acton.  What a stand-up guy our governor is...

I was reminded of this quote from CS Lewis on a radio program I was listening to this morning.  It sounds about right for our times, unfortunately.

Link Posted: 5/21/2020 10:55:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh screw him & his 2nd term. He should have known that closing down the whole state, and putting a million+ out of work would be signing his own political death certificate. If he wasn't such a doofus, this would have AFFAIR with the 'good' Dr. written all over it.

The amount of backroom political lobbying over who is and isn't on these 're-opening committees' stinks to hell with lobbying money and multi-national powers vs the mom & pops who can't get access to said 'new rule making'.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 1:40:19 PM EDT
[#13]

Are you surprised? I wouldn't expect anything less coming out of our RINO infested State Senate. Buckeye Politics at its finest.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top