Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2023 7:38:30 AM EDT
Hey guys, the search function didn’t bring up the old page, it might have been archived. So here’s a nee Ohio NV page.

We have ECNS in November, and if you don’t know the guys at Team Anvil yet, you’re missing out! They’re awesome. I’ve been to one of their events and next weekend they’re doing some NV work! Check them Out!

As well, On Guard Defense is still hosting monthly NV open range time roughly once a month, even throughout the summer - because it sucks only using your gear in the winter.

If anyone else has any upcoming NV shoots or ideas lets post em here! Once I get a dot for my shotgun, I’m trying skeet under my nods. I think I’ll be okay at it
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 9:30:55 AM EDT
[#1]
@CJ47  I was trying to find your site since I finally got an IR laser to use.  

I was looking at the website, whats the round count for the NV matches?
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 10:16:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@CJ47  I was trying to find your site since I finally got an IR laser to use.  

I was looking at the website, whats the round count for the NV matches?
View Quote

There’s no matches or classes per se. It’s just regular open range time. Unless you are referring to the Team Anvil event. In that case, refer to their website for that info.

You can bring as much as you want, as well as we sell the more common stuff like .223, 9, 45, 40. We don’t stock 300blk though.

If you have any other questions, I’m happy to try and help!
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 10:37:21 PM EDT
[#3]
August 26th at Southington Gun Glub (where East Coast is held) my friends at Team Anvil will be hosting a summer version of ECNS pretty much. Check it out on their site. I will be there for sure, and my lovely wife might be. Sadly, we won’t be able to make it to ECNS this year.

I hope to see some of yall! Especially since it will be warm! And if you don’t know Emmett or the guys at Team Anvil, check out their training, they teach awesome stuff at killer prices.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 2:15:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
August 26th at Southington Gun Glub (where East Coast is held) my friends at Team Anvil will be hosting a summer version of ECNS pretty much. Check it out on their site. I will be there for sure, and my lovely wife might be. Sadly, we won’t be able to make it to ECNS this year.

I hope to see some of yall! Especially since it will be warm! And if you don’t know Emmett or the guys at Team Anvil, check out their training, they teach awesome stuff at killer prices.
View Quote

Did not know about that shoot, thanks for posting.

Ill have to forward it to some buddies. Would be great to shoot in muh silkies.

@hill_monkey
@metalsaber
@bdover if his wife lets him out of the house
@jw_ramp
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 5:44:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

@hill_monkey
@metalsaber
@jw_ramp
View Quote

@CJ47 I know for the ECNS it was suppressed rifles after dark only.  Is that the case here?
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 6:57:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

@hill_monkey
@metalsaber
@jw_ramp
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@hill_monkey
@metalsaber
@jw_ramp

Have silkies, will travel.

Definitely gonna make it since I’m missing the ECNS this sear.

Link Posted: 6/7/2023 7:16:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Have silkies, will travel.

Definitely gonna make it since I’m missing the ECNS this sear.

View Quote

WHAT. THE. FUCK.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 10:27:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

@CJ47 I know for the ECNS it was suppressed rifles after dark only.  Is that the case here?
View Quote

That’s a great question. I do not know to be honest. They have an email, Instagram and Facebook. I’ll reach out to them but I’d bet those methods would be a good way to get any answers from them.

I’m not actually a part of the event, just going to have fun!
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 9:16:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That’s a great question. I do not know to be honest. They have an email, Instagram and Facebook. I’ll reach out to them but I’d bet those methods would be a good way to get any answers from them.

View Quote

@CJ47 I’ll reach out & try to Remember to update the thread

@laxman09 my big issue is this is the weekend before Independence Day & I may be at the late.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 9:18:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

@CJ47 I’ll reach out & try to Remember to update the thread

@laxman09 my big issue is this is the weekend before Independence Day & I may be at the late.
View Quote

I was referencing the Aug 26 shoot. I dont care about the other one, thats too steep for me.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 3:48:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I was referencing the Aug 26 shoot. I dont care about the other one, thats too steep for me.
View Quote

@laxman09  Oooooohhhhhhh, thats a solid maybe. I need to see what weekend I'm doing the NASA golf scramble; i know thats late august.
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 8:28:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

@CJ47 Confirmed with team anvil, sounds like no shooting after dark still.  Thats a deal breaker for that event for me.  @laxman09 I'll have to try for the Aug night shoot.
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 12:35:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

@CJ47 Confirmed with team anvil, sounds like no shooting after dark still.  Thats a deal breaker for that event for me.  @laxman09 I'll have to try for the Aug night shoot.
View Quote

Thanks for the update. I imagine the suppressor only after dark rule is a range rule. Because when we had Team Anvil out, we did a lot of unsurpressed night shooting.
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 1:57:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Thanks for the update. I imagine the suppressor only after dark rule is a range rule. Because when we had Team Anvil out, we did a lot of unsurpressed night shooting.
View Quote

Thats what they said.  Thats how it was presented at the ECNS too.  Oh well, maybe I'll get movitivated to finally get a can now.
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 10:11:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Thats what they said.  Thats how it was presented at the ECNS too.  Oh well, maybe I'll get movitivated to finally get a can now.
View Quote

It is a lame range rule for sure. Especially when it is located in a secluded area.

We aren’t located in an extremely secluded area, and we have had zero issues shooting all the way through 11pm. No complaints thus far from neighbors. I almost can guarantee Southington could get away with it.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 12:08:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Anyone know of ranges offering night shooting a little closer to Cincinnati area?
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 1:17:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Anyone know of ranges offering night shooting a little closer to Cincinnati area?
View Quote

Most ranges where you could do night shooting would be private clubs. I’m a member at a range near Oxford and we can shoot until 10pm, so we do a lot of night shooting in the winter.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 1:00:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

I took a night class with Strategic Dark back in 2021, at the same range where they host ECNS. If I'm remembering correctly, the rule we had was no unsuppressed shooting after 10, cold range at 11. I can't remember if those times are 100% accurate, but pretty close. What we were told is that even though it's pretty well in the sticks, there are still neighbors nearby and the range tries to be considerate of them so they don't have any issues or complaints.
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 6:36:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hmmm... Another Saturday I need to request off of work for!
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top