User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 12:05:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They are clearing all of the profitable elective stuff while they still have to handle the money losing stuff like car accidents, shootings and the others that can't pay.
View Quote

Let's think about that for a minute.
You go into the hospital, a relatively healthy person, then the hospital gets a bunch of Covid patients... and even though, every precaution is taken, you die.... from COVID. Then do you sue the hospital?
These are common sense type things. I'm sorry you are so concerned about revenue generation.

Elective procedures include controlling infection, can cause inflammation and healing requires a healthy immune system, sometimes they require ventilators (ya want them to divert a ventilator so someone can have a tummy tuck?) Also people have not stopped having heart attacks, strokes, car wrecks, shooting each other, breaking bones.
Sorry. They have gone into BIO hazard triage mode. That comes with a price. How would YOU manage ALL the things that have to happen for elective procedures, supplies, sterilization, etc especially with a lack of Masks, gowns, and other PPE used to protect YOU and the medical staff?

Have you washed your hands lately?
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 3:26:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

You go into the hospital, a relatively healthy person, then the hospital gets a bunch of Covid patients... and even though, every precaution is taken, you die.... from COVID. Then do you sue the hospital?
These are common sense type things. I'm sorry you are so concerned about revenue generation.

Elective procedures include controlling infection, can cause inflammation and healing requires a healthy immune system, sometimes they require ventilators (ya want them to divert a ventilator so someone can have a tummy tuck?) Also people have not stopped having heart attacks, strokes, car wrecks, shooting each other, breaking bones.
Sorry. They have gone into BIO hazard triage mode. That comes with a price. How would YOU manage ALL the things that have to happen for elective procedures, supplies, sterilization, etc especially with a lack of Masks, gowns, and other PPE used to protect YOU and the medical staff?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are clearing all of the profitable elective stuff while they still have to handle the money losing stuff like car accidents, shootings and the others that can't pay.

I'm sorry that you are giving the Liberals more ammo to complain about.

I can see the Liberal States complaining to the Feds about how their hospitals have gone broke because of Trump's actions.  They will be begging the Feds for more money.  This will just give Nancy Pelosi the Directive for another stimulus bill.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 11:19:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 11:35:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I'm sorry that you are giving the Liberals more ammo to complain about.

I can see the Liberal States complaining to the Feds about how their hospitals have gone broke because of Trump's actions.  They will be begging the Feds for more money.  This will just give Nancy Pelosi the Directive for another stimulus bill.
View Quote
Wut?!? Lol mmmmkay. Anyone who knows me... never mind. Someone who would twist common sense into a political statement is too ate up with it all to reason with. Good day sir.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 9:13:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

They will be begging the Feds for more money.  This will just give Nancy Pelosi the Directive for another stimulus bill.
View Quote
They will do that anyway
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 9:15:12 PM EDT
[#6]
And thanks for the staycation, meemaw.
Toilet Paper Wars II by days end.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 11:38:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
And thanks for the staycation, meemaw.
Toilet Paper Wars II by days end.
View Quote

So ummm... where did you find TP sir????  What dark corner and dirty deal did you have to make?

That IS valuable information.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 1:51:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

So ummm... where did you find TP sir????  What dark corner and dirty deal did you have to make?

That IS valuable information.
View Quote

I've been growing on the farm for years.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 4:41:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Found this picture this morning and I have shared it several times.  Talks about choices.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 9:31:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I've been growing on the farm for years.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/8/2020 8:26:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Interesting numbers today as the number of TESTS jumped significantly and I noticed they have added a field on the bottom of the pop up for each county how many tests were counted.
What I didn't find in the notes is how many tests have been processed or if the test counts ARE processed. The ratio's for AL are not consistent with the nations. So it makes me wonder a wee bit.
The floor that I work on has 19 confirmed cases. The building holds 6000 people.

The devil is always in the details. One of my nurse friend has come down with it and is in the HSV hospital. In your charity may you all please pray for her.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 8:25:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 9:22:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Hoping we can safely get back to normal soon.  I'm still going to work every day but I miss the in person interactions with some of the people I have worked daily with for the last 13 years.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 8:34:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Johns Hopkins has some new features on their live data maps.
Located here.

Click on you county. Click on the pop up to navigate to your county.  It really breaks things down to a more granular level.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 9:23:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Does anybody know if shoe stores are open? I need some new athletic shoes.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 8:13:08 AM EDT
[#16]
They closed most of there retail and clothing stores down. Target, Walmart or online...
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:59:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Any speculation on when we are gonna open back up since GA just made the call? I'm ready for a damn hair cut and some Waffle House.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 6:06:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Any speculation on when we are gonna open back up since GA just made the call? I'm ready for a damn hair cut and some Waffle House.
View Quote

Waffle House is open for Take Out Only.  But I just can't see any State staying closed when one right next door is open for business.  And in an Alabama vs Georgia game, Alabama is going to lose BIG time.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 11:46:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Waffle House is open for Take Out Only.  But I just can't see any State staying closed when one right next door is open for business.  And in an Alabama vs Georgia game, Alabama is going to lose BIG time.
View Quote

Take out Waffle House just isn’t the same. You just can’t recreate the atmosphere of a WH.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 12:12:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 12:59:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

If you find any, let me know, wife was talking about how bad her feet hurt.

Apparently she owns 150 pairs of nearly worn out shoes, and wears the same pair until it reaches that threshold.
Seems it's time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Does anybody know if shoe stores are open? I need some new athletic shoes.

If you find any, let me know, wife was talking about how bad her feet hurt.

Apparently she owns 150 pairs of nearly worn out shoes, and wears the same pair until it reaches that threshold.
Seems it's time.

I stagger my two pair. I usually have one black and one gray that are about a year and a half apart.

Time for a new black pair of tennis shoes.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 1:15:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 4:23:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 9:16:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 10:02:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Ill admit that I didn’t think that the corona virus or COVID-19 was that big of a deal begin with. But I have since changed my mind since one of my best friends contracted it from someone she works with. So I’m thinking we may need to pay attention. Yes I understand people have to go to work to pay bills and also masks don’t do shit but the social distancing may actually prove useful for you not to contract a virus.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 3:52:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By zaitsev44:

Take out Waffle House just isn’t the same. You just can’t recreate the atmosphere of a WH.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By zaitsev44:
Originally Posted By gunham:

Waffle House is open for Take Out Only.  But I just can't see any State staying closed when one right next door is open for business.  And in an Alabama vs Georgia game, Alabama is going to lose BIG time.

Take out Waffle House just isn’t the same. You just can’t recreate the atmosphere of a WH.

It’s occasionally one of the best “dinner and a movie” you can find on the cheap.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 3:54:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By backelskin89:
Ill admit that I didn’t think that the corona virus or COVID-19 was that big of a deal begin with. But I have since changed my mind since one of my best friends contracted it from someone she works with. So I’m thinking we may need to pay attention. Yes I understand people have to go to work to pay bills and also masks don’t do shit but the social distancing may actually prove useful for you not to contract a virus.
View Quote

Caution is definitely warranted, imho.  I know two people that have come down with it.

A good dose of Paranoia is healthy so long as it isn’t taken to extremes.   That said, it’s easy for me to arm chair and second guess the national response.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 6:50:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 8:10:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Caution is definitely warranted, imho.  I know two people that have come down with it.

A good dose of Paranoia is healthy so long as it isn't taken to extremes.   That said, it's easy for me to arm chair and second guess the national response.
View Quote
That is my problem with the entire situation.  A national response is ignorant.  This needs to be handled at the state and local level.  The impact on NYC does not and will not be the impact that bumfuck, AL experiences.  HSV and BHM won't see what NYC sees.  Let the States decide what they need to do and tell Fauchi to go back to doing what he was hired to do, advise.  He wasn't elected, his job is safe as long as millions don't die.....
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 10:37:05 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By orion251:
That is my problem with the entire situation.  A national response is ignorant.  This needs to be handled at the state and local level.  The impact on NYC does not and will not be the impact that bumfuck, AL experiences.  HSV and BHM won't see what NYC sees.  Let the States decide what they need to do and tell Fauchi to go back to doing what he was hired to do, advise.  He wasn't elected, his job is safe as long as millions don't die.....
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By orion251:
Originally Posted By RedDane:

Caution is definitely warranted, imho.  I know two people that have come down with it. 

A good dose of Paranoia is healthy so long as it isn't taken to extremes.   That said, it's easy for me to arm chair and second guess the national response.
That is my problem with the entire situation.  A national response is ignorant.  This needs to be handled at the state and local level.  The impact on NYC does not and will not be the impact that bumfuck, AL experiences.  HSV and BHM won't see what NYC sees.  Let the States decide what they need to do and tell Fauchi to go back to doing what he was hired to do, advise.  He wasn't elected, his job is safe as long as millions don't die.....

I heard on the National News last night that Alabama was in bad shape and not ready to open back up.  And I was like .  They evidently don't have a fact based agenda.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top