Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2023 9:44:51 AM EDT
From some of the posts in the moving to AR threads, it looks like we have some Jeepers here.  Anyone up for some trail rides?  I've got a 2020 JLUR on 37" MT Baja Boss MTs.  I like scenic and rocks...Not too fond of mud anymore.  Would love to take the kids out to some of the waterfalls and rivers to swim when it warms up.
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 10:33:57 AM EDT
[#1]
What section of the state are you in?
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 10:52:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By unstabl:
What section of the state are you in?
View Quote

Central (Benton) but i don't mind driving a couple hours for a good trail.
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 1:00:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: unstabl] [#3]
We hit the Hot Springs ORV pretty regularly.  I think we have a run coming up in a few weeks.  I'll holler at you.  It's a fun park.  3 badge of honor trails.  We head up to the Ozark's, Ouachita's and Buffalo pretty regularly to wheel, camp, trail ride, etc.
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 1:02:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm actually putting new weatherstripping in my JK today.  All this rain, yeesh.
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 1:31:28 PM EDT
[#5]
We've been to Hot Springs a couple times.  I have 2 of the badges but did not want to do Rubicon Ridge by myself from what the girls at the office said.  I want to go back out there when I get my parts from Rockslide Engineering.  The gas shocks that help the steps retract are weak so the step wont go all the way up.  Dont want to rip them off on a rock or tree.  I ordered a retrofit kit to convert it to a spring but that has not come in yet.  

My roof leaks a little bit going through car washes.  Front doors leak at the bottom (door sill protectors) so I dont want to do deep water crossings unless I pull those things off.
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 3:31:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Rubicon is a 3+ and getting tougher every day.  It isn't bad with a spotter.  Your rig should do just fine.  

My last JK had the dang leak at the door sill protector too.  I got stuck in the Ozarks in a  mud hole just creeping through testing the waters so to speak.  Filled the floor board really fast.  I had spent so much time sealing the overhead, I hadn't thought to look at water coming in from underneath.  LOL
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 8:56:40 AM EDT
[#7]
for trails check out the ozark overland adventure trail
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 11:34:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By far_right:
for trails check out the ozark overland adventure trail
View Quote

Matt McClellan and Ozark Overland Adventures on YouTube and FB has an excellent day by day trail guide for the OOAT.  I've ran it several times and it's a fantastic mix of trail and technical.
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 5:22:09 PM EDT
[#9]
I just picked up a JKUR last summer but had to replace the lift this winter. I'm in Bryant.
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 5:57:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By unstabl:
Rubicon is a 3+ and getting tougher every day.  It isn't bad with a spotter.  Your rig should do just fine.  

My last JK had the dang leak at the door sill protector too.  I got stuck in the Ozarks in a  mud hole just creeping through testing the waters so to speak.  Filled the floor board really fast.  I had spent so much time sealing the overhead, I hadn't thought to look at water coming in from underneath.  LOL
View Quote

I have done dumber things by myself but usually i dont have people warning my wife about it beforehand.  She did not appreciate black bear pass.  

Wonder if we could get an arfcom hot springs run?
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 7:28:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: unstabl] [#11]
Originally Posted By Col_Sanders:

I have done dumber things by myself but usually i dont have people warning my wife about it beforehand.  She did not appreciate black bear pass.  

Wonder if we could get an arfcom hot springs run?
View Quote

I would love an ARFcom run.  Be an easy morning to get you and anyone else all of your badges.  My buddy was there Sunday and they have 2 4xE charging stations so now even the "stick your pinky out while drinking coffee" Jeepers can join in.  

He did say  they are cleaning up some trails and potentially reclassifying some as well.  The big blind vertical drop into Rubicon is more open and not as sharp now.  They have been doing a ton of work getting the new parking lots finished, remodeling cabins, and restructuring some of the 2 diamond paths between trails.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 3:16:49 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm in the NW corner. Seems like most of the groups and most of the trails are in the center of the state. But if anyone is in the NW corner and want to run some trails, I'll gladly join if I'm free. Not really into hard rock climbing or mud, I like to keep my money pit dent free and in running order.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 4:07:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Im going out to Hot Springs orv Saturday morning for an RC Crawler competition but might run a trail afterwards.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 7:08:03 PM EDT
[#14]
We were attempting an HS ORV run last Saturday but I had some steering issues last week that I couldn't get parts to correct in time.  Be planning another run pretty soon.

That NW corner is chock full of great trail riding and camping between the Buffalo and Mulberry around Oark area.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 6:01:58 PM EDT
[#15]
We're going out to hot springs orv tomorrow morning. Supposed to have a bunch of Easter eggs for the kids to find.   Going to run a few trails while we're there.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 6:59:47 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm working this weekend but I'm trying to get a 1/2 day or 3/4 day run going next Saturday.  Lot of moving parts though.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 9:04:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Next weekend is rock bouncers. I may try to go for a bit.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 9:07:51 PM EDT
[#18]
I'll keep you posted.  I've got new coils that need stretching and an iKamper RTT I need to get a feel for.
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 6:34:08 PM EDT
[#19]
I’m in Maumelle, have a Gladiator lifted 2.5 on 35’s. Always up for a fun day out!

Have done all of the BOH trails. Rubicon was… interesting! Dropped down the first section and straight away questioned my decision lol.
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 7:41:19 PM EDT
[#20]
That drop into Rubicon is the best.  Completely blind.  I had a passenger who had never been crawling and he was messing around with his energy drink while we were getting ready to drop.  I told him to put his crap up and do it now.  He kept fooling around adn when I made that right turn and hit that first free fall, his energy drink (unopenend) shot out of his lap, into the floor and up the firewall.  Where it stuck the remainder of the trail until we hit the big rise coming out.  It came loose and shot back into the floor where he caught it, popped the top, and commenced to slam it like he planned it all along.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 7:42:12 PM EDT
[#21]
We're leaving out Friday morning headed to the MOORE Expo in Springfield.  Not camping this weekend, hotel for now.  Should be a good time though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top