User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 4:21:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We might have a FL Cola Warrior starting if this keeps up.
View Quote

I've been trying to get some traction with this....

Link Posted: 9/22/2020 8:00:38 AM EDT
[#2]
My plans have changed. I’ll no longer be going to Pensacola at the end of this week. Instead, I’ll be down around the Tampa area from 27SEP to 02OCT.

Y’all mention me if you get anything going that you wouldn’t mind me tagging along on.
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 10:30:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Tampa bay here!
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 9:10:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 8:03:40 PM EDT
[#6]
FYI to the TBBB crew: I am passing the torch to disparcher91 with my blessing.  The 11 pins and screws put in my left ankle nearly 20 years ago cannot take the hiking anymore without permanently damaging the bone.

So big thanks to disparcher91 and give him your support!
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 10:59:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Riverview , ten miles south of Tampa
View Quote

Same here, Riverview, I am on a furlough from work so most any day I am free.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 6:35:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I’m scheduling a hike for the northeast chapter of the APC on Sunday October 11 at 9 AM in Jennings State Forest.

Here is the event page
NE FL Hike 10/11 9 AM

@Pinochet727
View Quote

WOW somehow I'm just now seeing this mention; I gotta learn how to internet better. Apologies.
My buddy is definitely down for a ruck too.
Who else from Jax area can we "@" for another outing?
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 11:38:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Riverview , ten miles south of Tampa

Huh, and here I thought I was all alone out here. We just moved down from Wesley Chapel at the end of September.

Roped an old buddy of mine into joining ARFCOM the other day, by the way - now I just have to talk him into spending a morning a month on woodland rucking adventures
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 7:08:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Huh, and here I thought I was all alone out here. We just moved down from Wesley Chapel at the end of September.

Roped an old buddy of mine into joining ARFCOM the other day, by the way - now I just have to talk him into spending a morning a month on woodland rucking adventures
View Quote

Not at all, I love this area, been here since 2002, welcome.
There are some great places close by to hike, I have hit many of them.
I was just looking over my gear the other day, been about three years since I have been out on a hike, drop me an IM sometimes.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 12:38:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks! So far so good except for the HOA, but that's to be expected. I haven't gotten to explore much yet, but I'm glad to hear that - one thing I regretted about moving was that I lost the convenient access to a bunch of nice parks and hiking areas. It's a little late notice, I know, but we have a hike tomorrow at 9AM at Hillsborough River State Park if you can make it. Looks like we'll be a little light on folks this time but I'm hoping to draw some new people in from outside the site so maybe we'll grow the HTF a bit by the end of it too.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 9:02:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 9:59:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 6:44:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
How many of you fine people have hit the requirements for at least 3rd class? Be honest...do we have someone regularly taking leadership roles? I may have a unique opportunity for you Florida APC folks.
View Quote

I was in the Tampa Bay area, until the steel plate and 11 pins/screws in my left leg said No Mas.

@disparcher91 is now carrying the Tampa Bay baton.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 7:49:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 9:18:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
@Ben, ask @spartacus2002 what I last qualed for. I forgot.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How many of you fine people have hit the requirements for at least 3rd class? Be honest...do we have someone regularly taking leadership roles? I may have a unique opportunity for you Florida APC folks.
@Ben, ask @spartacus2002 what I last qualed for. I forgot.

I will check when I get home around noon.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 12:18:51 PM EDT
[#18]
@spartacus2002

Let me know what you find for Ben and I will add him to the Excel you sent me.  

New thread for January Hike coming up today
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 12:40:51 PM EDT
[#19]
@Ben

I show 5 right now that have reached that pinnacle.  Most are showing up for the fellowship, and a chance to see real people in person.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 4:15:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Pretty sure I've met the standard
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 4:47:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 11:44:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 12:37:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Do we have any sort of roster of list who is in this group? I am usually against lists of people but some sort of alert roster in case this site goes down might be useful for scheduling future events. I know FBB is non-political and I respect that but it would be convenient to be able to contact others if needed.
Of course any and all other ideas on how to do this are heartily welcome.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 11:38:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Do we have any sort of roster of list who is in this group? I am usually against lists of people but some sort of alert roster in case this site goes down might be useful for scheduling future events. I know FBB is non-political and I respect that but it would be convenient to be able to contact others if needed.
Of course any and all other ideas on how to do this are heartily welcome.
View Quote

I was coming here to ask a similar question.

Perhaps a group text or email chain.

I know those are tracked as well, but something to get a message out to meet up.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 1:08:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Yeah, came to to ask a similar question.

Any future events in the south/mid FL area?  

Not a bad idea to network.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 4:31:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I'm in Saint Lucie county
View Quote

Looks like we’re in a dead zone.
(Not that I’m overly excited about hiking)
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:28:58 AM EDT
[#27]
So are Orlando and Jacksonville still active? Haven’t seen anything posted by them in a while. And it is prime hiking weather!
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:59:14 PM EDT
[#28]
JAX area. Im down - Cept for next week. I am having a spinal rip and replacement scheduled.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 8:54:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Upcoming hike for the Miami area.  This is located on I-75 about midway between Ft Lauderdale and Naples (Mile Marker 63).  Hopefully this allows some of our networks to meet each other.

January-FLBB-Miami-Chapter-Hike-30-Jan-2021-OPORD-Posted
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:57:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
So are Orlando and Jacksonville still active? Haven’t seen anything posted by them in a while. And it is prime hiking weather!
View Quote

Wondering the same thing. We made it to the FLBB hike in sarasota this weekend and had a great time, but man...4 hours is a long way to drive and then hike 6.5 miles . We'd love to get something together in NEFL! There are plenty of places to hike. Maybe Gold Head state park?
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 7:22:57 AM EDT
[#31]
]North of Bunnell on us1 ...thru Flagler.  There's a long ass bike path for miles through nothing.....
Looks like 4 miles. But I think it's further as it's a good 15 minutes going 70mph.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/11/2021 9:25:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top