Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2020 12:28:02 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 12:59:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Probably woodchucks and black birds next year.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 1:20:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 1:39:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 2:11:21 PM EDT
[#4]
How else are they going to make up for the loss of deer tags due to declining numbers and terrible seasons. [/sarcasm]

Seriously though, maybe if they stopped setting ridiculous hunting regulations that make it harder to hunt, they'd keep their numbers up. Just a few of the bad calls lately have been:
1)Cut the number of waterfowl blinds more than in half
2)Continue to give Ohio bad hunting dates in favor to "keep some waterfowl for the southern states"
3)Cut the number of deer permitted (i know, it fluctuates by year and county, but less = less revenue period)

Hell, I'm already shelling out over $100/year to the state (license, wetland stamp, federal stamp, deer tag), nobody wants to pay any more. And they wonder why the number of hunters keeps declining.

I will be emailing against this proposal, but last time the response was "we don't care".
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 2:23:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 7:44:12 PM EDT
[#6]
First they fumble the bobcat season, now this. Hit up the Wildlife Council email, or attend the hearing.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 8:44:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I like the way they put a predator and potential prey on the flyer next to each other and want to license the taking of the predator. Irony is lost in these people. Lots more people keeping chickens and small farm animals and now they want to regulate the defense of your investment?
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 11:35:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like the way they put a predator and potential prey on the flyer next to each other and want to license the taking of the predator. Irony is lost in these people. Lots more people keeping chickens and small farm animals and now they want to regulate the defense of your investment?
View Quote
The proposed regulations allow property owners to take coyotes on their property without a license.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 5:28:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 5:32:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 9:07:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 9:35:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The proposed regulations allow property owners to take coyotes on their property without a license.
View Quote
Not if your family farm is in a trust
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 9:37:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Probably woodchucks and black birds next year.
View Quote
Grackles are a protected migratory bird per fed.gov
OH has a goofy season for Crows.

Quoted:
Emailed and signed petition.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 11:42:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
OH has a goofy season for Crows.
View Quote
You don't like the Friday & Weekend rule for crows?

I signed the petition and emailed my rep. This has got to stop. I may have to make a trip to the next meeting as well.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 1:00:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You don't like the Friday & Weekend rule for crows?

I signed the petition and emailed my rep. This has got to stop. I may have to make a trip to the next meeting as well.
View Quote
American Crow (Fri, Sat, and Sun only)
June 7, 2019 - March 7, 2020

There were several in my backyard making a racket yesterday, would have blasted with 12ga.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 10:08:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Petition hit. I see coyotes near my house occasionally and I'm on the near west side of Cleveland. If they are here they are EVERYWHERE. I'm guessing that cities are the last places that they venture into and only after other areas are already overpopulated. Clearly they are doing well even with current regulations I don't see the need to tighten them up
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 10:29:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 11:28:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
First they fumble the bobcat season, now this. Hit up the Wildlife Council email, or attend the hearing.
View Quote
Signed and shared a couple days back

Anyone want to go to the Council Meetings?
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 7:57:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top