BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 9:42:21 AM EDT
[#1]
And shut down all ranching. L. O. L.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 3:45:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Saw that on Bearing Arms.  It's one reason why the whole "you don't need a XXX to hunt" is such garbage.  It's not like leftists like hunting either.  After a gun ban, hunting would be whittled down one species, and one type of gun, at a time, till you could maybe hunt dove with a single shot .410.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 10:59:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Ban hunting = no sporting purpose for any gun.
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 2:51:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I miss the drugstore cowboy.
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 4:32:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I miss the drugstore cowboy.
View Quote

What's that mean?
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 7:24:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Kitzhaber

Ran his ass out of the state and things have gone downhill fast.
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 8:00:17 PM EDT
[#7]
No joke there, sometimes I'd rather have Kitzhaber back.

But these dumb-ass ballot initiatives aren't coming from the governor, they're coming from ordinary citizens allied with wealthy, often out-of-state political action groups.  Frankly I'm not really a fan of the citizen initiative system in general.  It's the legislature's job to make laws.  It's the citizenry's job to convince their elected representatives one way or another, and fire them (vote them out) if they don't keep it between the lines.
Link Posted: 11/4/2021 9:09:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No joke there, sometimes I'd rather have Kitzhaber back.

But these dumb-ass ballot initiatives aren't coming from the governor, they're coming from ordinary citizens allied with wealthy, often out-of-state political action groups.  Frankly I'm not really a fan of the citizen initiative system in general.  It's the legislature's job to make laws.  It's the citizenry's job to convince their elected representatives one way or another, and fire them (vote them out) if they don't keep it between the lines.
View Quote

And the weakness there is when the legislature is subservient to the ruling party who happens to own the judges. In that case the people’s will is irrelevant. As we are seeing, the cancel culture is peaking and anyone who doesn’t agree with them is a “domestic terrorist.”

Critical thought is required to maintain a functional democracy. We do not live in a functional democracy.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 5:43:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top