Quoted:
Did you expect something more?
View Quote
Expect, no.

Hope, yes.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 9:39:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Signifying nothing.

That's a shame. He's waiting to see how the wind is blowing.

Well - looks like I'll be calling him again tomorrow. Everyone should.

444-3111 is the number.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 9:49:40 PM EDT
[#4]
It’s less than I’d like, but it’s a hell of a lot more than what a lot of people are getting from their governors and state legislatures.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 9:54:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It’s less than I’d like, but it’s a hell of a lot more than what a lot of people are getting from their governors and state legislatures.
View Quote

While that is totally true - we can and should demand better.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 10:25:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's less than I'd like, but it's a hell of a lot more than what a lot of people are getting from their governors and state legislatures.

Yep, this is exactly where I'm at.
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 7:50:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree completely. I just wanted to maybe put things in perspective, you know? I doubt that the people in, say, Virginia will even get as much as that tweet.

I’m really wondering how this and our state law against vaccine mandates, passports, etc, are going to shake out.

Link Posted: 9/10/2021 1:01:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 2:04:29 PM EDT
[#9]
I've been trying to call all morning to express my support. Lines must be slammed, I can't get through.
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 2:22:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I've been trying to call all morning to express my support. Lines must be slammed, I can't get through.
View Quote

I may have spread the number around a bit.
Link Posted: 9/11/2021 9:47:28 AM EDT
[#12]

Seems like he doesn't plan to roll over at least. Good.

Montana Gov. Greg Gianforte was similarly frustrated, and he dismissed the employer mandate as “first unlawful, and second un-American.” He told RCP that in his state “we are already having enough trouble getting people back to work, and here is one more thing that makes it harder.”

Gianforte has signed into law a bill that makes it illegal for private employers to require vaccines as a condition of employment. “This edict from the Biden administration is unlawful in Montana,” he said, promising to fight the mandate and all but ensuring a fight in the courts.
Link Posted: 9/11/2021 1:17:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/11/2021 2:25:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Black people to the rescue.

(Blacks are less than 30% vaccinated)

View Quote

She was on fire. Damn that phone call interruption!
Link Posted: 9/11/2021 2:26:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/11/2021 2:35:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Someone was trying to save her from a visit from the SS.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

She was on fire. Damn that phone call interruption!

Someone was trying to save her from a visit from the SS.

Guardian angel I guess - but hell. She's hardly alone. That does seem to be the common sentiment going around lately.
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 7:17:43 PM EDT
[#17]
The governor responded to my email message. Pretty strong, although I personally ally disagree with the shot about the vaxxx (trust teh science!)

Thank you for reaching out to me about President Biden's plan to impose a nationwide vaccination mandate. I appreciate your thoughts on this, and I value your input.
We've been very clear in Montana: we will not mandate the COVID-19 vaccination. With this proposed vaccination mandate, President Biden has overstepped his authority and crossed a dangerous line. The vaccination mandate proposed by President Biden undermines Montanans' freedoms and liberties and places a burden on our small businesses that have already faced extraordinary challenges over the last 18 months. Not to mention, it violates a new Montana law I signed prohibiting discrimination based on vaccination status. We will stand up against this gross, unprecedented federal overreach. If you feel that you are experiencing vaccine-based discrimination or are facing an unlawful vaccination mandate from your employer, feel free to reach out to the Montana Human Rights Bureau at 1-800-542-0807.

While we will not mandate vaccination in Montana and oppose President Biden's efforts to impose a nationwide vaccine mandate, we'll continue to encourage vaccination in Montana. Getting vaccinated is the best way to protect yourself and your loved ones from COVID-19. The vaccines are safe, they work, and they're saving lives. If you're unsure about getting vaccinated, I encourage you to talk to your trusted, personal health care provider, like your doctor or pharmacist. That's what I did. Visit covidvaccine.mt.gov for more information and to find a site offering the vaccine near you.

Thank you again for reaching out to me. Hearing from you and other Montanans helps me better serve you and better understand your perspective. I will continue to rely on your views as I lead Montana, which is my great honor. My door is always open. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me for anything.

Sincerely,

Greg Gianforte
Governor
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top