Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2020 11:55:13 AM EDT
Lately it seems like all the best areas to go shooting have been blocked off. Little mountain, out near Perry, used to be fantastic but that's been closed off for years at this point. Since then Avon pass up through Liberty was really good but last year they started fencing most of that off.

Anyone know of any spots that are still really good? I'm in the Layton area so really anything within a 2 hour drive is good, accessible by car would be best. I drive a Subaru at the moment so light off-road is not a problem.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 1:11:06 PM EDT
[#1]
A lot of BLM land areas got closed off because of idiot Utah residents trashed the place and break the 4 safety rule many times. SMDH.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 1:26:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Areas in Tooele county off historic Pony Express route. You have to go more west and away from the no shoot area. There are signs, you'll see.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 11:52:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I've had good luck finding great places to shoot up past Promontory.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 7:54:18 PM EDT
[#4]
We've been going out to Stansbury Island since west of Utah Lake has been shut down.

There are a few spots that are really good in terms of backstops and areas to set up targets, but gotta get there early.

Link Posted: 4/25/2020 3:27:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the replies everyone. Guess I got some places to go check out.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 10:53:54 PM EDT
[#6]
since moving up north i have been looking for a good spot.
Lots of private land, other areas that seemed ok at first turnes a little sketchy.

I gave up, got into boating and restoring crap.

Now I'm looking to get back into the hobby...
I hate ranges, so I'm now looking to buy some land...

I'm thinking 20 acres should be good...
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 10:05:46 PM EDT
[#7]
About all I can suggest is BLM land east of Bear Lake or southwest of Snowville. Don't think I'd take a car to any of the places I go though.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top