Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2019 4:55:21 PM EDT
Taking the wife and kids over tomorrow through friday.  It's mainly going to be a kid vacation they are 3 & 5.  Storyland, santas village, maybe run up mount Washington one day.

Any must hit food places in the area?  I'm staying in the Hampton inn looks like there is a cigar bar just down the street that I most certainly will be hitting up after they go to bed at least one night.
Link Posted: 8/18/2019 5:16:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Muddy moose is pretty good. Horse feathers is one of my favorites in that area.
Link Posted: 8/18/2019 8:56:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Been to barley and salt or sea dog brew pub?  Those both look like walking distance from me.  I'm a big beer guy its the only way I survive living w 3 women.
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 8:56:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Been to barley and salt or sea dog brew pub?  Those both look like walking distance from me.  I'm a big beer guy its the only way I survive living w 3 women.
View Quote
Barley and salt is pretty new, I haven't gone yet.

Moat Mountain is a popular place for beer, and Tuckerman's has a pub in Intervale on 16A, plus the actual brewery. There's a store right on the intersection of 16 of 302 at Glen Junction over by Story Land that has a huge beer variety (not a brewpub, just a store). I like May Kelly's too, and Delaney's isn't bad. Red Parka has live music.

Joe's Spaghetti Shed, obviously (@dalegribble87)
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 9:18:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Barley and salt is pretty new, I haven't gone yet.

Moat Mountain is a popular place for beer, and Tuckerman's has a pub in Intervale on 16A, plus the actual brewery. There's a store right on the intersection of 16 of 302 at Glen Junction over by Story Land that has a huge beer variety (not a brewpub, just a store). I like May Kelly's too, and Delaney's isn't bad. Red Parka has live music.

Joe's Spaghetti Shed, obviously (@dalegribble87)
View Quote
The best sketti around.
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 2:01:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Delaney's is our favorite spot to go for dinner.  I do really like the horsefeathers wings though.

Tuckermans is worth the stop, the actual brewery, not the tavern.  They have live music sometimes and corn hole boards and stuff.

Barley & Salt is a bit pricey but they have a good beer variety and the food is good.  Moat Mountain is pretty good as well......any other questions ask away just on the other side of the notch!

oh yeah stop in Green Mountain Rifle barrel Co. if you go to Tuckermans, its right around the corner, the owner is a member and a real nice guy!
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 9:01:58 AM EDT
[#6]
We hit moat brewery for appetizers yesterday and walked over to sea dog for dinner.

The staff at sea dog is peculiar. it's a 50 50 mix of older locals and young people that definitely english is a second language.

Barley and salt in looking at the menu looks good but I dont think I'm bringing a 3 and 5 year old to a place like that.
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 1:35:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
We hit moat brewery for appetizers yesterday and walked over to sea dog for dinner.

The staff at sea dog is peculiar. it's a 50 50 mix of older locals and young people that definitely english is a second language.

Barley and salt in looking at the menu looks good but I dont think I'm bringing a 3 and 5 year old to a place like that.
View Quote
sea dog feels very fake or generic to me...North Conway is an odd town and doesn't have a real North Country hippie/hiker feel like say Littleton does.

If you are looking for other stuff to do with Kids, Wildcat the Ski mountain across from Washington has a running gondola that you can take to the top if you don't want to fight the crowds at Mt. Washington.  And it has nice views into the Tuckermans/Huntington ravine
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 3:56:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

sea dog feels very fake or generic to me...North Conway is an odd town and doesn't have a real North Country hippie/hiker feel like say Littleton does.

If you are looking for other stuff to do with Kids, Wildcat the Ski mountain across from Washington has a running gondola that you can take to the top if you don't want to fight the crowds at Mt. Washington.  And it has nice views into the Tuckermans/Huntington ravine
View Quote
We did Washington on monday it was a nice activity to do once.  The damn hasidics were overrunning the place though.  We bailed on the museum really fast rather than smell them.

Did Delaney for lunch today good call on that suggestion.
Link Posted: 8/21/2019 7:00:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
We did Washington on monday it was a nice activity to do once.  The damn hasidics were overrunning the place though.  We bailed on the museum really fast rather than smell them.

View Quote
there is a nice little park with a view cathedral ledge state park is great!  You drive to the top of a rock face essentially and there are plenty of places to scamper around and get good views of the area.

https://www.nhstateparks.org/visit/state-parks/cathedral-ledge-state-park
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 8:25:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
The weather museum in downtown NoCo is kinda cool. They have an old school snowcat parked in the parking lot.

If you want a more secluded spot to hang out in the Saco river, drive down West Side Rd (take River Rd. across from the weather museum and head towards and past Diana's Baths) and just park on the side of the road and walk down to the water.
Link Posted: 8/23/2019 10:37:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

there is a nice little park with a view cathedral ledge state park is great!  You drive to the top of a rock face essentially and there are plenty of places to scamper around and get good views of the area.

https://www.nhstateparks.org/visit/state-parks/cathedral-ledge-state-park
View Quote
Just got home today.  We did cathedral ledge wonderful view.  It's a great area you folks have.

I'm not sure I could handle the tourists 3 seasons a year though.  They drive me crazy and we only get them in the summer here on the coast.

I could see myself eventually leaving Maine and scooting over the border to NH though.  We hit Jackson waterfalls which were very nice (we couldn't find parking at Diana's bath).  The thai restaurant up by the marriot is fantastic great food.  Barley and salt also had great food.  Cigar shenanigans was great I wish I had a chance to go more.  If you smoke cigars their prices and drinks were super reasonable.

The only bad place we went was the McDonald's.  I haven't been in one in years.  The kids saw the play place and my in laws take them on occasion so they begged to go.  We bought them dinner there and dessert at barley and salt.  That McDonald's reminds me of one in nyc.  Place is filthy and full of people speaking who knows what language.  Lots of disgruntled black women working there too.

Thanks for all the suggestions we had a great vacation.
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 9:15:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Just got home today.  We did cathedral ledge wonderful view.  It's a great area you folks have.

I'm not sure I could handle the tourists 3 seasons a year though.  They drive me crazy and we only get them in the summer here on the coast.

I could see myself eventually leaving Maine and scooting over the border to NH though.  We hit Jackson waterfalls which were very nice (we couldn't find parking at Diana's bath).  The thai restaurant up by the marriot is fantastic great food.  Barley and salt also had great food.  Cigar shenanigans was great I wish I had a chance to go more.  If you smoke cigars their prices and drinks were super reasonable.

The only bad place we went was the McDonald's.  I haven't been in one in years.  The kids saw the play place and my in laws take them on occasion so they begged to go.  We bought them dinner there and dessert at barley and salt.  That McDonald's reminds me of one in nyc.  Place is filthy and full of people speaking who knows what language.  Lots of disgruntled black women working there too.

Thanks for all the suggestions we had a great vacation.
View Quote
We go to Jackson 4-5 times a year. That inn at the bottom of Jackson Falls, The Wentworth, is a great getaway for a couple. $350-$450 per night for the best rooms, but that includes a gas fireplace suite with a private 6 person hot tub on your private, semi-enclosed balcony. Amazingly nice on a fall or winter night.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top