Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2021 8:59:50 PM EDT
Looking for arfcommers in area to give recommendations for good hotels in that locale that would be good place for hurricane evacuees (3) from Brazoria county . I have no info on flood info for that area and would prefer to stay away from high crime areas . Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 9:47:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Check for hotels in Williamson county, not as crime ridden. Both Round Rock and Cedar Park have quite a few new hotels.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 10:52:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Looking for arfcommers in area to give recommendations for good hotels in that locale that would be good place for hurricane evacuees (3) from Brazoria county . I have no info on flood info for that area and would prefer to stay away from high crime areas . Thanks in advance
View Quote

Stay north of Parmer.  Pflugerville, Round Rock, Georgetown are all OK for the motels along IH35.  Avoid anything near Rundberg, that area is full of skanky hookers, tweakers and gang bangers.
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 10:19:30 AM EDT
[#3]
The Domain has few hotels and the police and security do a good job of keeping the riff-raff out of there.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 9:02:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks everybody for responses . Was really wanting to know if any areas are flood prone from rising rivers in area . In my area I know , but not there . Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 9:31:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks everybody for responses . Was really wanting to know if any areas are flood prone from rising rivers in area . In my area I know , but not there . Thanks in advance
View Quote

I've never seen any flooding right along IH35 through Pville to GTown, which is where the concentration of motels is.  South of Parmer there are areas along IH35 that might flood, but as I said before, stay north of there for general safety reasons.

Link Posted: 7/30/2021 4:14:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Flooding is not going to be an issue.  It's called the "Hill country" for a reason. Stay out of Austin for any sort of lodging.    Cedar Park, Round Rock, Lakeway, Marble Falls, etc all have motels.  

Just a note, motels fill up FAST in an Evac. Not only Austin but as far north as Brady and Abilene end up full in a matter of hours. Brownwood had Katrina refugees for weeks. I'd bail and head inland the moment a storm even looks in your direction.  Reservations will NOT guarantee a room and your only recourse might end up being a cot at the convention center.

Think about  gas and food too. Stores get wiped out in a day or so once the panicky idiots get stirred up.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 11:07:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I really appreciate all replies gentlemen . Need to know because been flooded once before and my parents are 80ish and wanna keep them safe . I feel comfortable coming to that area now thanks to y’all ! Have a great evening
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 1:10:27 AM EDT
[#8]
If you have kids and want to make a vacation out of an evacuation and have the coin, Kalahari in Round Rock is pretty nice.  I know a few people that went there during the snowpocalypse.  Not cheap but after 3 days without power or water, I'm sure they didn't mind paying.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top