Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2020 1:18:41 AM EDT
If they are forced to close which I think will be the case tomorrow, does that include gun shops?  Wouldn't that be the government denying the 2a right?  

I know, it's NJ and they don't care about gun rights.  Just something that popped into my head as I lay here not falling asleep.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 6:46:08 AM EDT
[#1]
In all reality if the biggest thing we have to worry about during all this shit is if gun shops are included in non essential I'd say we are doing ok.  I'm more concerned with all the ass hats buying guns for the first time that don't have any idea about safety and proper handling. Now in NJ that problem is mitigated mostly because of the FID card, but a quick trip to PA and they have themself a shiny new long gun and no clue how to run it. And the training at the counter offered by the salesman ain't going to cut it. I'm all about new shooters taking interest and getting involved just don't want any noobs to have any accident that can't be undone.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 6:57:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Other then that buy away!
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 2:35:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In all reality if the biggest thing we have to worry about during all this shit is if gun shops are included in non essential I'd say we are doing ok.  I'm more concerned with all the ass hats buying guns for the first time that don't have any idea about safety and proper handling. Now in NJ that problem is mitigated mostly because of the FID card, but a quick trip to PA and they have themself a shiny new long gun and no clue how to run it. And the training at the counter offered by the salesman ain't going to cut it. I'm all about new shooters taking interest and getting involved just don't want any noobs to have any accident that can't be undone.
View Quote

Show me in the Constitution the part about safety and proper handling before you can excercise your rights .
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 5:24:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Meh! If any of you Guys need any pistol ammo shoot me an IM. I'm a reloaded and have thousands on hand.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 5:35:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Now in NJ that problem is mitigated mostly because of the FID card, but a quick trip to PA and they have themself a shiny new long gun and no clue how to run it.
View Quote

Well, just because you apply for and receive an FID doesn't mean you know which end of the gun to hold, but neither does buying a gun in PA remove the requirement to have an FID.  PA FFLs are required by federal law to comply with the laws on the state of residence of the purchaser, which for a PA FFL selling to a NJ resident means verifying FID and filling out a CoE.

And reading through Murphy's EO, it's pretty certain all NJ gun shops will be closed come Monday.  Not to mention NJ-NICS won't be processing background checks...

Link Posted: 3/21/2020 5:38:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Show me in the Constitution the part about safety and proper handling before you can excercise your rights .
View Quote

It's right next to the section that says the .gov can suspend your rights based on the sniffles.

It took Katrina to bring about the lawsuits that said .gov can not confiscate firearms in times of emergency.  I can't wait to see the deluge of lawsuits after this current "crisis" is behind us...
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 8:01:28 PM EDT
[#7]
And just got this in email from a local range:

"As per Governor Murphy’s Executive Order, the TTC will be closed as of now. Pending transfers and background checks will not be processed until the order is lifted. We will provide updates via website, email and social media as we are able.
Please stay safe and healthy and we will see you on the range soon!"

Link Posted: 3/21/2020 10:55:01 PM EDT
[#8]
don't matter anyway.nics is down so can't buy anything if you wanted to
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 8:12:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It's right next to the section that says the .gov can suspend your rights based on the sniffles.

It took Katrina to bring about the lawsuits that said .gov can not confiscate firearms in times of emergency.  I can't wait to see the deluge of lawsuits after this current "crisis" is behind us...
View Quote

The government is taking away our rights through executive order in hopes to prevent a crisis.  Not that there is a crisis.  Just to prevent one.  That is a horrible precedence.

Just think of all the ways that could be abused in the future, global warming, gun violence, etc
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 12:39:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The government is taking away our rights through executive order in hopes to prevent a crisis.  Not that there is a crisis.  Just to prevent one.  That is a horrible precedence.

Just think of all the ways that could be abused in the future, global warming, gun violence, etc
View Quote

I couldn't agree more
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top