Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2018 9:08:26 PM EDT
Just received an email from IFC telling me to contact my rep. I would but I have Amanda Rahman and she is an anti-gunner.  Would love nothing more than to see her unseated.

From email:
Today, the House Judiciary Committee passed House Joint Resolution 13 by a vote of 13-8 to propose an amendment to the state Constitution affirming and recognizing the right of Iowans’ to keep and bear arms as a fundamental individual right. HJR 13 will now go to the House floor for consideration.  Please contact your state Representative and urge them to SUPPORT this resolution.  Click here to find your state Representative.

Authored by Representative Matt Windschitl (R-17), HJR 13 will need to pass this year and next before a constitutional amendment is put on the ballot for Iowa voters to decide in 2020.  Currently, Iowa is one of six states that do not have a right to keep and bear arms amendment in its state Constitution, including California, Maryland, Minnesota, New Jersey, and New York.

Again, please contact your state Representative and urge them to SUPPORT HJR 13.  Click here to find your state Representative.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:36:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Just received an email from IFC telling me to contact my rep. I would but I have Amanda Rahman and she is an anti-gunner.  Would love nothing more than to see her unseated.
View Quote
No reason you can't contact other reps in Iowa to help swing the vote.  

My rep solidly supports the 2A, so I will be contacting other Iowa reps to help the cause.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 11:45:45 AM EDT
[#2]
It's going to be hard for the average person to get excited about it for the next 2 years.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 7:21:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's going to be hard for the average person to get excited about it for the next 2 years.
View Quote
Sure hope we can stay focused that long. With everything going on with the hatred of guns/NRA WE really need to cement this right in Iowa.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top