Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2022 10:17:55 PM EDT
I'm confused.  I thought I'd read that self-made guns made before July 2019 were grandfathered.  But yesterday I read something on WA reddit that says after March 2023 ANY unmarked self-made gun would be illegal to possess, is that correct?  For some reason I was thinking all but one of my builds would get grandfathered and be safe to own until we moved.

When the law was first published the March 2023 date didn't concern me because I thought we'd be moved by then but things have changed and we'll need a couple of more months.  I'm just seeing dollar signs now, this is gonna cost me to avoid any problems, money I don't have nor want to spend on something that was and still should be legal. I'm going to have to make an extra trip across country and it won't be cheap coming up with a temporary home for my weapons. I don't need to be the test case to find out if these laws are even Constitutional.

Link Posted: 9/6/2022 11:02:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe they were talking about ones made after the 2019 date. Those I felt should be exempt but they are not due to the stupid date was already there and they just changed the wording.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 12:25:51 AM EDT
[#2]
How the hell they can arbitrarily BACKDATE the shit is beyond me. Fuck these crooked ass politicians who ignore state and constitutional rights.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 9:23:12 AM EDT
[#3]
From my reading, anything made before July 1, 2019 is fine.  below is the text of the bill that leads me to that conclusion.  

https://lawfilesext.leg.wa.gov/biennium/2021-22/Pdf/Bills/House%20Passed%20Legislature/1705-S.PL.pdf?q=20220909061758

Page 9, lines 7 through 13:

"Untraceable firearm" means any firearm
manufactured after July 1, 2019, that is not an antique firearm and
that cannot be traced by law enforcement by means of a serial number
affixed to the firearm by a ((federally licensed manufacturer or
importer)) federal firearms manufacturer, federal firearms importer,
or federal firearms dealer in compliance with all federal laws and
regulations.

Link Posted: 9/9/2022 9:48:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I believe they were talking about ones made after the 2019 date. Those I felt should be exempt but they are not due to the stupid date was already there and they just changed the wording.
View Quote

I believe you're right and I just had a moment.  It's really effed up that the law abiding have to jump through hoops and stress the details while these new laws that are supposedly to reduce crime change nothing.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 9:47:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I believe you're right and I just had a moment.  It's really effed up that the law abiding have to jump through hoops and stress the details while these new laws that are supposedly to reduce crime change nothing.
View Quote

Most of us are just ignoring the rules.

Prove that I made this PMF after the cutoff.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top