Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2021 1:37:26 PM EDT
Couple questions if I may, how does one go about buying and owning a long gun in nj? Also are mossberg shockwaves legal in nj? Thank you
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 2:53:58 PM EDT
[#1]
IANAL, but regarding the Mossberg: maybe?

UPDATE:  An email was recently sent out to FFLs in New Jersey with a message from “THE NJSP FIREARMS INVESTIGATION UNIT.” It stated “…Mossberg Model 590 Shockwave, Black Aces Tactical DT and the Remington TAC-14. The New Jersey State Police Firearms Investigation Unit concurs with the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms (BATF) that these pistol grip only designed firearms are legal for sale in the State of New Jersey as a firearm.”
?I respectfully believe the NJSP are wrong.
View Quote

To purchase a long gun in NJ you first need to acquire a Firearms Purchaser ID (FPID). You can get the forms at your local PD or online. When I applied back in the 2000s it took around 6 months, but I understand that may vary by municipality and times have improved since then. There is a good write up at NJ Gun Forum (that place is quagmire, so be forewarned).
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 5:57:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you!
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:05:58 PM EDT
[#3]
mossberg shockwave is good to go.  I have seen many people with it.
The permit and firearm ID card timeframe varies from town to town.  From 2 weeks to 6 months.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 8:42:45 AM EDT
[#4]
What County did you move to?
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 1:45:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Inquiring for my son, Essex co. S.orange/ maple wood.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 6:52:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

ouch. he'll be waiting a while in Essex. the libtardedness runs DEEP there...........

this may or may not help: https://www.anjrpc.org/page/A_Strikeforce
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 2:00:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I used to live in Bloomfield in Essex county.  Worse town and worse county if you are into Firearms. Police will give you an attitude, remember you are a low life amoeba  and they are above the law, I  left that shit hole last year and moved to Long Island, NY, at least here we can buy an AR15 ( or any long gun ) using just our driver license,  Forget it about handguns... near impossible
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top