Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2020 5:49:09 PM EDT
New to me anyway

I read that DNR was going to charge fees, but no information on how or how much.

I've shoot or did shoot and Leeds.  I can't imagine how they can enforce this.

A pay box wouldn't last 24 hrs and there isn't a store within miles.

Anyone have any ideas?

Link Posted: 5/20/2020 7:20:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Drones...
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 9:39:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Went to Leeds last Saturday and was unaware of the new fees. I had been on the SC DNR website for the Leeds range to confirm they were open and there was no mention of any fees. When we get there, by the information board is a giant red sign that says, "Stop and Pay Here". A small box next to it and with envelopes to put the money. $5 per person for the entire day.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 12:16:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Went to Leeds last Saturday and was unaware of the new fees. I had been on the SC DNR website for the Leeds range to confirm they were open and there was no mention of any fees. When we get there, by the information board is a giant red sign that says, "Stop and Pay Here". A small box next to it and with envelopes to put the money. $5 per person for the entire day.
View Quote

They have a box like that at Manchester range (operated by State Forestry Commission).

Link Posted: 5/24/2020 7:53:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well, good to know

First that they are open

Second the cost to shoot and how to pay

I think $5 is ok, I'll pay.  I have to wonder how long before some dirt bag figures a way to steal the money.

@sdsacr....was it crowded?

Link Posted: 6/5/2020 5:42:50 PM EDT
[#5]
So our SOP has been to arrive at 6:30am, which right now is about 15 mins after sunrise. We have been the first ones there the last 2 trips.  By the time we are ready to leave around 9-10am it is starting to fill up.
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 6:20:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
So our SOP has been to arrive at 6:30am, which right now is about 15 mins after sunrise. We have been the first ones there the last 2 trips.  By the time we are ready to leave around 9-10am it is starting to fill up.
View Quote

Wow, that early huh.

It's a 1.5 hr drive for me so I usually get there around lunch.  I also never go on holidays or weekends.

I remember the good old days when my wife and had the place all to ourselves most of trips we made.

Thanks for the info too.

Link Posted: 6/27/2020 5:28:33 AM EDT
[#7]
The SC Un maned ranges are not SC DNR Ranges they are located in the US National Forests these ranges are on federal land.
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 9:51:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The SC Un maned ranges are not SC DNR Ranges they are located in the US National Forests these ranges are on federal land.
View Quote

True, but they are managed by SCDNR aren't they?

Link Posted: 6/27/2020 6:31:19 PM EDT
[#9]
The manned and well maintained SCDNR rifle/pistol range at Wateree is free.  I shot there yesterday.
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 8:23:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

No, they are not, they are managed by the U.S. Forestry SCDNR may post the dates and times they are open but they are not managed by SCDNR . Unless the range is on state property and not on federal lands the Ranger who opens and closes the range is a Federal Wildlife officer not a State DNR officer.
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 11:51:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

No, they are not, they are managed by the U.S. Forestry SCDNR may post the dates and times they are open but they are not managed by SCDNR . Unless the range is on state property and not on federal lands the Ranger who opens and closes the range is a Federal Wildlife officer not a State DNR officer.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok, my bad

I thought I saw a SCDNR crew cutting grass many years ago

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top