BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 7:08:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Copy and paste it over here.
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 8:36:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes please copy and paste the info here.

Quite a few of us here stopped being active on that forum for very good reasons after ownership changed years ago.
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 10:21:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm sure Mona will.
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 4:30:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes please copy and paste the info here.

Quite a few of us here stopped being active on that forum for very good reasons after ownership changed years ago.
View Quote

Well, those reasons no longer apply since Vince owns the forum now and not MSSA (a good organization that works to promote the shooting sports, pass the torch to our youth through rifle camps, and contributes to our lobbyist). Vince took it over several years ago. Support would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 4:47:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Well, those reasons no longer apply since Vince owns the forum now and not MSSA (a good organization that works to promote the shooting sports, pass the torch to our youth through rifle camps, and contributes to our lobbyist). Vince took it over several years ago. Support would be appreciated.
View Quote
The other thing is that the last few times I did check the forum out, it was pretty dead with no one posting much. It sure isn't the same forum I joined years ago.
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 5:04:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm sure Mona will.
View Quote

Oh, man. Sorry to disappoint. This forum only allows so much in a post, and what's been prefiled is like a little teaser of what's to come during the session. The MoCarry post is the main public dispersal of linked gun bills. I can post html content there. I can expand on the posting limitations there. I have specialized css there for the ratings. And I do check that legislative forum regularly for input.

Look, in addition to the Gun Bills list, I will also be producing the bill status report (PDF - no clickable links but they do have more info) sometime after the session starts. I'll be posting the updates on the Status of MO Gun Bills page on the main MoCarry site (not in the forums). Right now, I'm pretty busy with researching legislation and prepping reports (along with other things for a couple of gun orgs and our lobbyist at the capitol), so I don't want or need more to do.

It's fine if someone wants to post the gun bills list over here. I'm good with that. Just credit the source, eh.

I am a bit behind, the next update will have a number of rating changes, and of course, there will be more gun bills added.

Again, I'm sorry, but it's all I can do to keep up, and right now I'm not.

Thanks, guys.
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 5:17:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The other thing is that the last few times I did check the forum out, it was pretty dead with no one posting much. It sure isn't the same forum I joined years ago.
View Quote

Oh, yeah. Four years of Trump and no real "threat" to our gun rights, with most gun owners being fairly content with what they've got legislatively, so, yep, it's slowed to a freaking crawl. I have to say, though, a lot of forums as well as gun organizations have had big drop offs in memberships and/or participation during this same time.

If Trump fails to regain election, I anticipate all gun-rights related organizations will become more active.

Support (which would include not "knocking" local gun rights organizations who are trying to do right by all of us and are not there to make somebody a profit but would like to make enough to keep the lights on) would be appreciated.

Link Posted: 12/24/2020 5:55:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Oh, yeah. Four years of Trump and no real "threat" to our gun rights....

View Quote

Hopefully you're being sarcastic with that comment.

Under Trump:

Red Flag orders (lets not forget his Feb 23rd 2017 speech about "take the guns first, then due process later")
Binary trigger ban
Bumpstock ban

I'm probably missing others.

Link Posted: 12/24/2020 8:59:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Not being sarcastic. I know he's not been the greatest supporter of the Second Amendment. There is no perception, though, that he's a serious anti-gunner or coming after our guns, only that he's not entirely faithful to our cause and so sometimes crosses the line. Not really threatening, but it is very infuriating.
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 10:51:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 2:12:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Binary triggers are LEGAL!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Under Trump:

Binary trigger ban

There is even an option now when you buy a gun, and fill out the 4473, to declare you don't even own one of these triggers. It says; Male, Female, Non-Binary. I am just male.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 2:54:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Okaaaaay, so I can do a quick paste of the gun bills with links retained, but I don't have a quick way to include the ratings (at least, not atm). To check a bill's rating (which can change!), you'll just have to check the original source of the Gun Bills list for now.

A reminder that this is a relatively short list of gun bills discovered in what's been pre-filed so far. The legislative session hasn't even started yet. There will be many more gun bills added once the session starts and progresses. This is pretty normal. Scary, but normal. Thankfully, we do enjoy a strong pro-gun-rights majority in the legislature. Anything obviously anti-gun hasn't much chance of passing.

HOUSE BILLS

HB 40 - Brown, Richard - Modifies the offense of unlawful possession of a firearm

HB 41 - Brown, Richard - Repeals provisions that prohibit political subdivisions from adopting orders, ordinances, or regulations relating to firearms

HB 52 - Schnelting, Adam - Allows concealed carrying of firearms on public transportation systems and transporting nonfunctional or unloaded firearms on public buses

HB 68 - Billington, Hardy - Prohibits an employer from terminating an employee for having a firearm in the employee's vehicle on the employer's premises

HB 85 - Taylor, Jered - Establishes the "Second Amendment Preservation Act," which creates additional protections to the right to bear arms

HB 86 - Taylor, Jered - Modifies provisions relating to the concealed carrying of firearms

HB 96 - Sharp, Mark - Provides that the period of detention on arrest without a warrant is 48 hours for criminal offenses involving a dangerous felony or deadly weapon

HB 97 - Sharp, Mark - Modifies provisions regarding the expungement of records

HB 99 - Sharp, Mark - Establishes Blair's Law, which creates the offense of unlawful discharge of a firearm for discharging a firearm within or into the limits of a municipality with criminal negligence

HB 105 - Bangert, Gretchen - Adds improperly transporting or storing a firearm in a motor vehicle to the offense of unlawful use of a weapon

HB 126 - Mackey, Ian - Establishes extreme risk protection orders and gun violence seizure warrants and prohibits certain persons involved in domestic violence from possessing a firearm

HB 128 - Mackey, Ian - Specifies that the seller of a firearm or ammunition must verify the age of the purchaser

HB 212 - Hill, Justin - Specifies that lawful owners of firearms may transport or store the firearms in locked, privately-owned motor vehicles

HB 230 - Basye, Chuck - Changes the laws regarding firearms

HB 232 - Basye, Chuck - Changes the laws regarding firearm offenses

HB 234 - Basye, Chuck - Changes the laws regarding weapon offenses by defining fugitive from justice

HB 251 - Schroer, Nick - Modifies provisions relating to offenses that may be expunged

HB 287 - Bland Manlove, Ashley - Requires the appointment of a special prosecutor for investigations of officer-involved deaths or shootings

HB 310 - Davidson, Bishop - Establishes the "Second Amendment Preservation Act," which creates additional protections to the right to bear arms

HB 340 - Mayhew, Don - Requires the Missouri State Highway Patrol to host a web page where the public can determine whether a serial number of a firearm has been reported stolen

HB 358 - Baker, Ben - Prohibits any state entity from participating in a firearm buyback program

HB 359 - Baker, Ben - Changes the law regarding concealed carrying of weapons by allowing firearms in churches and other places of worship with a concealed carry permit

HB 374 - Gunby, Trish - Authorizes a tax credit to offset amounts paid in sales tax on gun safety mechanisms

HB 435 - Appelbaum, LaDonna - Creates a civil penalty for businesses who sell or produce high-capacity magazines

HB 436 - Appelbaum, LaDonna - Creates a civil penalty for possession of a large capacity magazine

HB 470 - Dinkins, Chris - Modifies provisions relating to school protection officers

HB 473 - Hicks, Ron - Prohibits certain individuals from possessing a firearm due to domestic violence

HB 487 - Hicks, Ron - Allows the concealed carry of firearms on public transportation systems and the transporting of non-functioning or unloaded firearms on public buses

HB 523 - Windham, Kevin - Establishes a firearm-owner registry under the management of the Attorney General

HB 546 - Hicks, Ron - Allows certain marijuana-related offenses and violations to be expunged if the offenses or violations occurred in Missouri prior to the issuance of a patient identification card

HB 568 - Basye, Chuck - Authorizes concealed carry permit holders to carry firearms on campuses of higher education institutions

HJR 6 - Schnelting, Adam - Creates the state Department of Defense

HJR 16 - Evans, David - Proposes a constitutional amendment to modify the right to keep and bear arms

HJR 23 - Black, John - Proposes a constitutional amendment to assert the right of Missourians to hunt and fish

SENATE BILLS

SB 15 - Schupp - Provides that all sales of firearms be processed through a licensed firearm dealer

SB 39 - Burlison - Creates additional protections to the right to bear arms

SB 60 - Williams - Creates and modifies provisions relating to law enforcement agency accountability

SB 61 - Williams - Authorizes expungement of certain offenses

SB 66 - Brattin - Modifies provisions relating to public safety and unlawful assemblies

SB 71 - Gannon - Modifies provisions relating to protection orders, including protective orders for household pets

SB 117 - Burlison - Modifies and removes provisions relating to concealed firearms

SB 144 - Beck - Modifies provisions relating to unlawful possession of firearms

SB 186 - Beck - Modifies provisions relating the offenses of unlawful transfer of weapons and the unlawful possession of firearms

SB 225 - Onder - Allows the concealed carry of firearms on public transportation systems and the transporting of non-functioning or unloaded firearms on public buses

SB 236 - Hough - Modifies provisions relating to feral swine

SJR 3 - Hoskins - Amends the Constitution to assert the right to hunt and fish

SJR 7 - Eigel - Creates the Department of Military Force

SJR 15 - Eslinger - Modifies provisions relating to the right to bear arms

SJR 16 - Eslinger - Amends the Constitution to assert the right to hunt and fish

Edited to fix bb links (no quotes, argh)
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 3:59:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

There is even an option now when you buy a gun, and fill out the 4473, to declare you don't even own one of these triggers. It says; Male, Female, Non-Binary. I am just male.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Under Trump:

Binary trigger ban

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top