Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/30/2019 5:48:29 PM EDT
Went to my LGS  to set up a transfer and they had a new, extra, form to fill out for the sale. They said it is to be held tor the state if they ask. Not a formal form like the 4473, just a single page they print up that has all my info and the gun purchased. When did this go into effect? I asked, half kidding, if this was so they can come get it when they decide to collect them and I was told yes. Interesting.
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 6:52:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Went to my LGS  to set up a transfer and they had a new, extra, form to fill out for the sale. They said it is to be held tor the state if they ask. Not a formal form like the 4473, just a single page they print up that has all my info and the gun purchased. When did this go into effect? I asked, half kidding, if this was so they can come get it when they decide to collect them and I was told yes. Interesting.
View Quote

Not new. Previously discussed in forum. Few were following but ISP reinforced need to comply when doing presentations on new gun dealer licensing.   This is the form also asking  reason purchased and occupation, right?

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs/ilcs4.asp?DocName=072000050HArt.+24&ActID=1876&ChapterID=53&SeqStart=68600000&SeqEnd=72000000

(720 ILCS 5/) Criminal Code of 2012.
(720 ILCS 5/Art. 24 heading)
ARTICLE 24. DEADLY WEAPONS

(720 ILCS 5/24-4) (from Ch. 38, par. 24-4)
Sec. 24-4. Register of sales by dealer.
(a) Any seller of firearms of a size which may be concealed upon the person, other than a manufacturer selling to a bona fide wholesaler or retailer or a wholesaler selling to a bona fide retailer, shall keep a register of all firearms sold or given away.
(b ) Such register shall contain the date of the sale or gift, the name, address, age and occupation of the person to whom the weapon is sold or given, the price of the weapon, the kind, description and number of the weapon, and the purpose for which it is purchased and obtained.
(c ) Such seller on demand of a peace officer shall produce for inspection the register and allow such peace officer to inspect such register and all stock on hand.
(d) Sentence.
Violation of this Section is a Class B misdemeanor.
(Source: P.A. 77-2638.)
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 9:20:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, been a while since i’ve purchased anything.
No sense living in fear of the mounting challenges to gun ownership.This is defacto gun registration at the state level. Nothing preventing the Isp from requiring FFLs to fax or email these in to create a data base for eventual forced collection.

Step by step.
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 4:45:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Asked for price also.

Mandatory buy back?
Link Posted: 12/4/2019 4:15:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Any cop now has full access to any of your info going forward. No warrant needed.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 1:57:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any cop now has full access to any of your info going forward. No warrant needed.
View Quote
Link to details on this assumption?
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 5:12:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Its only a few posts up in this very thread  Sections b and c would be relevant to your inquiry

(a) Any seller of firearms of a size which may be concealed upon the person, other than a manufacturer selling to a bona fide wholesaler or retailer or a wholesaler selling to a bona fide retailer, shall keep a register of all firearms sold or given away.
(b ) Such register shall contain the date of the sale or gift, the name, address, age and occupation of the person to whom the weapon is sold or given, the price of the weapon, the kind, description and number of the weapon, and the purpose for which it is purchased and obtained.
(c ) Such seller on demand of a peace officer shall produce for inspection the register and allow such peace officer to inspect such register and all stock on hand.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 10:02:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Its only a few posts up in this very thread  Sections b and c would be relevant to your inquiry

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought this piece of law is superceded (pre-empted ?) by "... upon issuance of a warrant ..." or similar, no?
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 6:52:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 2:06:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Not that I see. What's to stop Dart or Lightweight from sending their bully boys around the northern half of the state asking for copies of any belonging  to people in Crook County?

In the name of "public safety" and "the children" of course.
View Quote
Wouldn't LEO's still need to have jurisdiction to inspect a dealer's records.  So local police, county sheriff, or ISP.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 11:41:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Wouldn't LEO's still need to have jurisdiction to inspect a dealer's records.  So local police, county sheriff, or ISP.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not that I see. What's to stop Dart or Lightweight from sending their bully boys around the northern half of the state asking for copies of any belonging  to people in Crook County?

In the name of "public safety" and "the children" of course.
Probably. But Tango's point is still solid; which FFL is gonna say no to a badge? And the crooked cops know this
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top