Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2020 9:19:28 PM EDT
I see that we may get a new division to carry out political witch hunts and first amendment suppression, according to yesterday's Courant.

(leftist rag that it is)
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 11:25:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I was going to use words like "Staatzpolitzei" and "witch hunts" but thought better of it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 1:40:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was going to use words like "Staatzpolitzei" and "witch hunts" but thought better of it.
View Quote
We will get there eventually, inch by inch! Speech becomes hate speech which leads to red flag calls which leads to....... the boogerchew
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 2:43:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

We will get there eventually, inch by inch! Speech becomes hate speech which leads to red flag calls which leads to....... the boogerchew
View Quote
CT has to keep up somehow.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 7:44:22 PM EDT
[#5]
This seems totally reasonable.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 9:08:35 PM EDT
[#6]
CSP is a sinking ship. Not the agency it once was in terms of manpower and specialized units. The attrition rate is high due to retirements. Guys would stay 30+ years. Now they bail day one after 20. Wait until 2022. Everyone that is eligible to retire will leave to avoid losing their cost of living adjustment on their pension. They are not keeping up with the attrition. If they create this into a specialized unit it will consist of one or two injured troopers on light duty. Total waste just to make Sen Looney tunes happy.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 9:22:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
CSP is a sinking ship. Not the agency it once was in terms of manpower and specialized units. The attrition rate is high due to retirements. Guys would stay 30+ years. Now they bail day one after 20. Wait until 2022. Everyone that is eligible to retire will leave to avoid losing their cost of living adjustment on their pension. They are not keeping up with the attrition. If they create this into a specialized unit it will consist of one or two injured troopers on light duty. Total waste just to make Sen Looney tunes happy.
View Quote
Does that in any way mean they won't be "just doing their job"?

The fucking thought police personified.

ETA: We need a Photoshop wizard to design a "Connecticut State Thought Police" uniform patch.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 5:42:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
My brother works in the CSU system and says the same thing about mass retirements in 2022.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 1:32:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

My brother works in the CSU system and says the same thing about mass retirements in 2022.
View Quote
You’d be a fool to stay if you have 20 in by 2022.

I’m sure I’ll get fucked.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 12:27:12 PM EDT
[#10]
We might have to raise the cost of plastic shopping bags.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 9:02:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Will never happen, but maddening that it’s even being discussed.  
View Quote
Forget even being discussed. Its insanity that it was even seriously suggested/proposed in the first place. Show just how far into crazy land this state (and by extension the country) has gone. Democrats are not even hiding their Stalinist desires any more. They are being open and upfront about it. What is really scary is you know darn well there are a fair number of people both in the legislature and voters who don't see a problem with that suggestion. While we hope it will never happen, this being CT, anything is possible with people like Loony and Red Ned running things.

There is a great and growing divide in the country right now and things like this only serve to make that divide even wider.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top