Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/9/2021 11:18:19 AM EDT
Oh Boy here I go.

Just got a couple as new neighbors moved up from Mass.  Just met her yesterday no politics on the 1st greeting but she was wearing a "Liberty" T shirt and seemed to be happy to be out of MA.

I just pray they are Conservative.

Link Posted: 11/9/2021 2:47:08 PM EDT
[#1]
How old? Good looking?

I know some here will argue but my experience is that most MA people moving to southern NH (myself included) are very conservative people and happy to escape MA.

Maybe you should break out the bow and do a little target practice in the yard. That’s pretty mild but a conservative look and see if it starts a conversation.

Good luck with the new situation, if they are libs you could always just blow the leaves into their yard and tell her to enjoy the foliage.
Link Posted: 11/10/2021 2:16:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/10/2021 3:07:51 PM EDT
[#3]
well funny thing about leaves,

The previous owners fucked up and put a portion of there hammerhead they added on out into our right of way.

even though there are clear markers showing the property lines.  Now mind you the right of way we have was a paper road owned by the town.  Developer never finished the road he proposed to our lot but it was all there on the permits and etc for the town when he built it.

So anyway their drive way is very close to the property line so the few feet of yard they have there I have been blowing those leaves from their driveway across the road and down the bank on our side.

So yeah I did that again just this past week without consulting them, figured I would be neighborly.

Just hoping they are on the conservative side
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:51:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Time will tell. You could go over talk talk to them about the property line thing. Just so they understand. Things like that can really makes things tense.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 2:25:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Agree

I will probably do so this weekend when I am out blowing fucking leaves again.. sigh I hate dead leaves
Link Posted: 11/14/2021 10:08:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Agree

I will probably do so this weekend when I am out blowing fucking leaves again.. sigh I hate dead leaves
View Quote

And you would hate them even more if you had to rake....  I hug and say thank you to my Stihl backpack blower every weekend during the fall....
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 11:27:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

And you would hate them even more if you had to rake....  I hug and say thank you to my Stihl backpack blower every weekend during the fall....
View Quote

YOU are so correct Worst yard thing I hate the most is raking leaves. I will blow leaves with my little Echo PB265L  Home owners size back pack blower until it dies. Then I will go buy the commercial size one.  LOL

Changing out the carb on it this week. My dumb arse put some fuel from last year in it and well yeah now its not running right and based on the research it was water in the fuel.  I have yet to confirm it but my T/S research points to it, for 20$ for an amazon carb and 10 min to change it out. Hell yeah Im doing that. Along with dumping that fuel and letting the tank air out for 4 to 5 days to be sure.

Sigh.. I miss renting appts sometimes I really do. LOL

Edit:

I did speak with them more and we talked boundary lines and they immediately asked about the issue with their hammerhead section on their driveway. I told them YEP the previous owners messed up but we do not care right now.. it is what it is so long as they do not enlarge it or change it then It is no harm no foul to us.
I even helped them out by blowing off their driveway and walkways which were covered in wet leaves.  He had no tools at the house save a broom and they had movers coming today and she was concerned the movers may slip and fall on wet leaves.. So I spent 40 min or so blowing that for them.

lol  sad truth I like anything to do with running yard equipment.. I swear if I could work for the state ridding lawn mowers during the summer I would.  ear buds in listening to some tunes or a audio book just plugging along.. Yep.. fine way to spend your retirement years and not have the wife in your hair all damn day with honey do crap.

Of course I am not there yet. But a guy can dream can't he.

Link Posted: 11/15/2021 2:29:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, sounds like they are friendly. So, that is a plus.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 2:52:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Yes so far.

I have not broached the topic of politics or guns yet, sooooooo...  the jury is still out.

Link Posted: 11/15/2021 10:15:35 PM EDT
[#10]
I live on a quiet little road that’s a mix of locals (minority) and second-home owners (majority). They’re also a mix of liberty-minded folks and those who just want to move to the place in which they’ve vacationed for years. Decent amount of turnover, and it’s shifting slowly to year-rounders.

Whenever anyone new moves in, I go out of my way to shoot and burn. Not trying to be a dick, but just making sure that the bar is set. “This is what you moved into and I’m not changing.”

So far, it’s been all positive. Even the ones who aren’t into it accept that that’s what they bought into.
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 10:27:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So far, it’s been all positive. Even the ones who aren’t into it accept that that’s what they bought into.
View Quote

Good point

I do get the feeling though if I were to go set up out in the back 40 and rip thru 100 or so shots with the pistol the hunters around me might get pretty mad.

But then again our land is posted so maybe I should..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top