Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2018 11:46:13 PM EDT
Howdy all,

Just came from the NAZI state of ILGHANISTAN, getting divorced, I know IN is a much more free state, but what am I in for as far as 2A laws and legal BS? I plan on staying here until I can afford to retire in a similar state; 10+years. First step is swapping license & ID, beyond that, I am at your mercy....

Thanks in advance,
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 1:46:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at how easy it is to exercise your 2A rights here.  It's a shall-issue state for carry permits, and you should have yours within a couple of weeks of applying.  IIRC, you can get a lifetime license for free, or you can get one for 3 years.  The 3-year version is intended to substitute for a NICS check any time you buy something at a gun shop.  (You'll want to run that by someone else to make sure I've got it right.)  Pretty much anything legal under federal law is legal under IN state law also.

Welcome!
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 11:31:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!!
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 9:05:48 AM EDT
[#3]
The NICS is still done, I got held up for a week last year.
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 1:21:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Lifetime isn't a freebie, it's $125.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 8:51:41 AM EDT
[#5]
And the Republicans didn't get Constitutional Carry going at all nor did the price reduction for them happen. They have been almost as worthless as the Republicans in DC.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 9:31:33 AM EDT
[#6]
I guess I had gotten all excited about those proposals and had forgotten that they didn't make it all the way through.  That said, I left NY because of the SAFE Act and other highly restrictive laws, and have found Indiana to be a breath of fresh air.  I'm very happy with my decision to move here.  Really the only drawback is that my gun safe seems to have shrunk.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 12:54:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah; relatively speaking or gun laws are some of the best. Just kind of disappointing they didn't get either of those done
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 7:31:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks again for the replies, fellas; I'm in NWI, who has the cheapest transfer fees? I'm not skeerd to drive a ways...
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 9:07:26 AM EDT
[#9]
How far northwest?  In the Lafayette area I've heard Rural King is decent, and Four Guns are real good folks.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 9:24:15 AM EDT
[#10]
You definitely need to make it down to the Indy 1500 Gun and Knife show. It's the biggest show in the area. Also at least once in your life time hit the Knob Creek Machinegun shoot. It happens twice a year so there are no excuses! Get your lifetime permit, it is well worth it. Get some fun NFA toys if you're into that. Enjoy having ammo and accessories shipped to your door, our mail carriers have much stronger backs than the rest of the other states because of that.

We are one of the freest states in regards to the second amendment, make sure you use it. =)
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 12:01:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Around Munster area, and yes I definitely plan on making full use of the freedom that Indiana has to offer. Thanks again fellas!!
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 2:23:39 PM EDT
[#12]
$25 is the norm for transfers here in Valpo.  I have used Warrior Arms and Copper Custom.

Jason
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 9:13:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
$25 is the norm for transfers here in Valpo.  I have used Warrior Arms and Copper Custom.

Jason
View Quote
Last time I used Warrior Arms they we're $10... But that's when he was working out of his garage. They've gone up I take it?
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 11:59:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Gunbroker has a list of ffl holders by zipcode if you want to look up someone local who may deal from home.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top