Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2024 12:03:15 PM EDT
We've heard about it coming. Now it is here. Opened in February in the formerly Red's / Bentley's building.

They improved the lighting in the firing lanes. They've made some improvements in the appearance in the showroom. He has also worked on the ventilation so hopefully it isn't the oven in the summer it has been. Lane rental runs $20 / hour. I hear he plans to offer a membership, but he's not there yet.

He doesn't have a lot of stock in there now, predominately semi-auto pistols. As time goes along (and people start figuring out he's there?), he plans to fill in with more stuff.

They do have range ammo in stock. After checking prices online when I got home, I found he was reasonable, considering the typical range tax / convenience fee.

I asked about training, but he's not doing that yet. He's still getting the facility up to where he wants.

One downside is if you don't KNOW where it is, the signage is horrible and you'll probably drive past it. The gas station next door basically obscures everything until the pawn shop on the other side of the place.

You might think the 290/71 construction is a downside, but have you tried I35 and getting to The Range lately? Ugh...

PN
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 3:18:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for posting.  I heard they were reopening a while back, then crickets...
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 1:00:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Coolest name ever
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 10:55:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Tried it out yesterday.  MUCH cleaner and brighter than before, new shooting stations.  Nice guys behind the counter. Not up to full speed yet, will be doing consignments and transfers in the near future.

Getting to it is still a pain, but the road work is progressing and it's not the nightmare it was a year ago. I was the only shooter at 3 in the afternoon, I don't think the word is out yet that it's open.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 2:01:37 PM EDT
[#4]
which Red's location? Round Rock or the South location? Been a long time since I went to either.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:31:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By nictra:
which Red's location? Round Rock or the South location? Been a long time since I went to either.
View Quote

Red's SOUTH, (which stopped being a "Red's" and then became "Bentley's" before Bentley's closed and is now something else.

New range is in the same old building.

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:42:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Last time I went to that location they demanded I hand over my papers for my class 3 rifles. I walked. Funny how the Round Rock location didn't have the same attitude.

Well happy S. Austin has a new range.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top