Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2022 9:17:14 PM EDT
Hey guys,

I am making a business trip to meet with the mayor of Los Lunas, NM (a few miles south of Albuquerque) and I have a few questions to prepare for the visit.

I am from the Northwest, and my co-workers are from the east coast.  We have never spent much time in the Southwest so the culture is a bit foreign.   Could you guys help me with some general atmospherics of the culture, population, religious habits, favorite drinks, favorite foods, music preferences...   etc of the people in the area?

If I could hop on the phone with somebody, that would be absolutely ideal.   Our whole intention is to understand the environment that we will be working in and how to best "fit in" or at least to not be outsiders.

Thanks guys
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 11:10:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 11:25:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I’ve been to Wisconsin. Absolutely beautiful state, at least in the summer. Lake Michigan was impressive. My son was like, “this is a lake?” my wife’s bff lives in Brookfield.

People here are simple. They love football (Cowboys or the Broncos), They’re usually Catholic & we eat chile for every meal.

For breakfast, hash browns, with green chile, cheese & coffee
Lunch, green chile cheese burger
Dinner, enchiladas, w/ rice & beans.

Know about breaking Bad, 100 people are going to ask you if you’re familiar with it.

From what I’ve heard is, Los Lunas is booming right now because the older folks who own a lot real estate, especially commercial real estate, are getting to old or dying & leaving it to their kids & grand kids, who either don’t want it & sell it or are putting it to use.

Edit: to say, this eating order is typical to me. Green chile chicken enchiladas are favorite, ground beef with red are a Lise second. & they have to be flat, none of this round stuff. & chile rellenos are the bomb, you must try them when here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top