Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/7/2023 8:16:27 PM EDT
Moved here in July. Wife is doing her second master's at Harvard and we are scrapping by.

How do you take care of your car in the winter here if you live in an apartment without a garage or car park? I just changed my front brakes in a Target parking lot.

I'd like to do things like be able to detail my car, but no light and no outlets.

Oh, we are finding your state just grand! We were able to do alot of fall road trips including a Harvard-Yale game.

Any local meetups around Boston area?

Link Posted: 12/13/2023 5:26:46 PM EDT
[#1]
There used to be a garage or two in the Boston area that would offer hourly or daily bay rentals. I don't believe they're still in business. The only DIY bay rental shop that I can think of in New England is in RI, way south of providence. Probably not what you are looking for.

If you want a range outing, I would be glad to make that happen- on me. I'm a member of a club in southern Mass near the Connecticut line and would be glad to host you as my guest. I have pretty broad availability the last week of this month. I'll IM you my cell phone number.
Link Posted: 12/13/2023 9:11:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JAD:
There used to be a garage or two in the Boston area that would offer hourly or daily bay rentals. I don't believe they're still in business. The only DIY bay rental shop that I can think of in New England is in RI, way south of providence. Probably not what you are looking for.
View Quote
There was one  in Cambridge, on Mass Ave before Central Square but that was in the 1970s IIRC. I'll bet MGL and insurance regs put them out of business. I remember doing some work on my 1969 Mercury Montego in that place. Being able to use a lift was a godsend.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top