Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2018 10:49:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SarahToscanoForVT]
If you’re registered to vote in VT, we need you at the Chittenden County Superior Courthouse on Monday!! Timeline approximately 0900-1300. There is a recount for Chittenden 9-2 and it won’t happen unless we get ten people there to count.

Please email me at sarahtoscanoforvt (at) gmail (dot com) if you have any interest or can assist in referring anyone.

We need to get ten names tomorrow morning!!

Just to clarify, this is not my race, I’m just trying to help the party.

Thank you very much for your time and attention.
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 3:59:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I wish I could make it, Sarah. I gotta be at work in the other end of the state while that's going on.
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 12:29:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you. Ended up getting 14 people to help out.
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 7:00:37 PM EDT
[#3]
How'd it go?
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 12:08:32 AM EDT
[#4]
The recount is Monday. We’ll see how it goes!!
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 3:34:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Keep us posted, please.
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 12:05:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SarahToscanoForVT] [#6]
Recount complete! Here’s how things stand:

The Republican ballot had Patrick Brennan and John Nagle as printed, party-endorsed candidates.

Pamela Loranger was a write-in.

There are two seats being voted on.

Initially, it appeared that Brennan and Loranger won. Nagle contested that and requested the recount. Brennan pretty much has his place guaranteed, so his coming out far in the lead was no surprise.

The end result will have to be decided by a judge, probably today. Our committee’s hand count determined that either the results are a tie, or Nagle takes it by one vote. There is one defective write-in ballot that needs to be reviewed by the judge.

A reporter from the Colchester Sun was there and perhaps their website will publish the end results soonest, as the reporter said she’d be checking in with the town clerk as the day goes on.

Update at 2330: No decision today. Hearing tomorrow at the same courthouse at 1430. I will be there to observe.

Update 08/28: No news. The judge hasn’t ruled yet.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 8:26:08 PM EDT
[#7]
We have word. The quesitonable ballot was ruled in favor of Pamela Loranger.

Thus, a tie!

There will be a runoff election on September 10 in Colchester.

Pretty interesting situation that wouldn’t have happened if there hadn’t been a recount.
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 11:45:53 AM EDT
[#8]
One damn vote. Wow. So much for the 'my vote doesn't count' crowd, huh?
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 11:28:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Sprocket99:
One damn vote. Wow. So much for the 'my vote doesn't count' crowd, huh?
View Quote
So very true in this instance.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 4:43:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Dang girl,  you get around! ;)   PH from FB.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 11:49:19 PM EDT
[#11]
I see :) glad to see you here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top