Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/7/2018 6:54:14 PM EDT
Can anyone recommend a mobile locksmith that specializes in cutting auto keys and programming fobs?

My mom needs a new fob for her Hyundai and the dealer quoted her $385. From what I see on Google it can be done for $200ish.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 8:30:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Is it the fob or just a battery?
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 12:17:24 AM EDT
[#2]
If you or your mom have AAA, you can get a locksmith out with part of it covered. If not, I think the company that runs for them is advanced locksmith or a similar name to that, don't remember 100%. You can also just call AAA, and ask who they use, AAA has standards they use to hire contractors, but they still get shit contractors sometimes, so YMMV.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 12:57:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Entire fob and key. She lost her extra set and wants to replace it.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 12:58:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If you or your mom have AAA, you can get a locksmith out with part of it covered. If not, I think the company that runs for them is advanced locksmith or a similar name to that, don't remember 100%. You can also just call AAA, and ask who they use, AAA has standards they use to hire contractors, but they still get shit contractors sometimes, so YMMV.
View Quote
Thanks. I'll look into AAA .
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 1:56:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Call Bev with Keys to the Kingdom. (602) 403-4244
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 11:50:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Needed a key for a new Dodge I bought,

every locksmith wanted almost as much as the Dealer.    ACE Hardware can make one for you.  (not all of them, just the bigger stores), so can some of the True Values.

Key was 80, dealer wanted $250.  One with a fob will be a little bit more.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 7:04:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Those keyfobs are incredibly proprietary and you'll pretty much have no option but to buy a new keyfob and have it programmed at the dealership. Sucks... but that is why my car no longer has a functional keyfob.

If you figure out a cheaper way to replace a keyfob, let me know because I'd like to know too.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 7:06:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Call Bev. She can cut keys and program fobs cheaper than anyone else in town. I have been using her for 15 years.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 8:00:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Those keyfobs are incredibly proprietary and you'll pretty much have no option but to buy a new keyfob and have it programmed at the dealership. Sucks... but that is why my car no longer has a functional keyfob.

If you figure out a cheaper way to replace a keyfob, let me know because I'd like to know too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In the same predicament...15 Jeep, and wife lost one of the keys. With just one key left from what I’ve read, it’s quite a pain to make a duplicate
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 11:51:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
In the same predicament...15 Jeep, and wife lost one of the keys. With just one key left from what I've read, it's quite a pain to make a duplicate
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In the same predicament...15 Jeep, and wife lost one of the keys. With just one key left from what I've read, it's quite a pain to make a duplicate
For me, keys are not an issue... since my car does not use chipped keys. I can get duplicate keys for $1.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top