Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2021 7:31:40 PM EDT
Job site is north of Wells about 15 miles west of Montello.

Simple job.  Survey one 40.  One corner pin located, the rest evaded my search...

Any thoughts?  It's simple enough but a bit out of the way.  Two track road runs through the property so not too hard to access.
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 8:49:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:31:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did you use a metal detector to try and find the other corners?  The County Courthouse will know if it's been surveyed before, or check with the survey company in that area if they did it in the past.
View Quote

I did not use a metal detector.  I plan to rent one and give it a try before hiring anyone.

Calling the courthouse and checking on prior surveys is a good idea.

I know i haven't had a survey for at least 50 years but if the neighbors have done one, that could be useful too!
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 4:30:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Download this app On X hunt, it has offline maps, 14 day free trial, and shows property lines.  It should get you close enough to the corners to really narrow the search area for your pins.

I'd also recommend double checking the property lines with the county GIS map to see any offsets in the maps or better yet check it against the 1 known pin.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 7:07:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Download this app On X hunt, it has offline maps, 14 day free trial, and shows property lines.  It should get you close enough to the corners to really narrow the search area for your pins.

I'd also recommend double checking the property lines with the county GIS map to see any offsets in the maps or better yet check it against the 1 known pin.
View Quote

I have used OnxMaps and a couple of others and....  Between them they all have slight (30 feet!) differences in the property lines.

I paid this guy for a set of corner coordinates and his put me within arms reach of the pin I found.

PropertyLineMaps.com

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top