Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2021 5:43:57 PM EDT
I'm going to visit my brother in the Pensacola/Milton/Crestview area in about 10 days. I need recommendations on where to go shooting.  I'd prefer to visit a private range as someone's guest, but I don't know how possible that is.  I am a former USPSA CRO with two Nationals under my belt as an RO, so there will be no stupid stuff going on.

Calibers involved will be mostly .22LR 'cause I have it (Ruger 10/22, AR-15, and a semi-auto pistol or two). My brother has never fired an AR, so I'm taking mine and small amount of 5.56.  I've never fired a Mini-14, so I'll get to see what all the non-love is about. We don't need anything beyond 100 yards, and 50 would probably be plenty.

Any places with steel or other reactive targets?  Paper punching is fine, and if that's what available, we will take it, but I'd love to have him experience something a little more interesting.  We would also consider a match, but I am only there Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so a match is highly unlikely.

Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 10:05:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Do you have military post access?
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 12:13:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Nope, no access to posts.

EDIT:

@MikeJGA - My brother may be able to arrange access. What base were you thinking of?
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 3:31:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Escambia River gun club membership is 140 a year and 10 bucks for guests. I'd go that route. You can pay to shoot at Southern Tactical or Santa Rosa Shooting Center. Ymmv
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 4:46:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nope, no access to posts.

EDIT:

@MikeJGA - My brother may be able to arrange access. What base were you thinking of?
View Quote

Hurlburt Field (SW corner of Eglin AFB) has a Rifle and Pistol Club.  We have two ranges a 20 yard range an a 200 yard range.  It is open to members and guest only.  Membership is $75 a year and  guests are $5 a day.  The SOP.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top