Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2024 12:33:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DMark]
I'm looking for a new gunsmith in the greater Nashville/Middle Tennessee area.  The fellow I had been using for over a decade has moved on to bigger and better things.

In particular, I need someone who can do an AR Barrel cut & threaded to 1/2x28.

Thanks,
Mark
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 6:00:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:13:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DMark] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bodybagger: Jeff Walle (pronounced wally) At Guns and Leather in Greenbrier
View Quote

Know Jeff very well.  He has done a number of jobs for me in the past.  He also used to beat my ass (and everybody else's) shooting USPSA back in the 90s.  He is a Grand Master.

Chopping a couple of inches off of an AR barrel would almost seem to be a waste of his vast gunsmithing skills and talent.  
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:46:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Class 3 machining.  Dallas.  Only place I would use for threading.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:53:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By xciapup:Class 3 machining.  Dallas.  Only place I would use for threading.
View Quote

Dallas?  

As in Texas?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:23:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I’m in west of Clarksville, and I do a fair amount of barrel work like that.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 12:51:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:03:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By DMark:

Dallas?  

As in Texas?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By xciapup:Class 3 machining.  Dallas.  Only place I would use for threading.

Dallas?  

As in Texas?

Yes.  Threading barrels is all they do.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:22:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By xciapup: Yes.  Threading barrels is all they do.
View Quote

WOW!

Just looked at their IG page and you're not kidding!
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:25:24 PM EDT
[#9]
I dont do much social media.  But I can look in my safe and see a bunch of expensive barrels they did right.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 3:23:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Rich at Echo 3 Armory in Chapel Hill does all my work. Highly recommend.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 5:50:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Paulie771: Rich at Echo 3 Armory in Chapel Hill does all my work. Highly recommend.
View Quote

I drive right by their location on my way to Strategic Edge.  Thanks for the recommendation.

https://echo3armoryllc.com/
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:50:28 PM EDT
[#12]

Know Jeff very well.  He has done a number of jobs for me in the past.  He also used to beat my ass (and everybody else's) shooting USPSA back in the 90s.  He is a Grand Master.

Chopping a couple of inches off of an AR barrel would almost seem to be a waste of his vast gunsmithing skills and talent.  
View Quote

@DMark

Did you shoot at NTPS near Springfield in the mid 90s? I did, maybe our paths crossed there. Jeff did the work on a Colt Gold Cup I was shooting back in those days (long before I got into that business)
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:53:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By GunCat: @DMark Did you shoot at NTPS near Springfield in the mid 90s? I did, maybe our paths crossed there. Jeff did the work on a Colt Gold Cup I was shooting back in those days (long before I got into that business)
View Quote

Yup.  

I first met Jeff when he was gunsmithing for Specialty Arms II in La Vergne, TN.

BTW - - - The old North Tennessee Practical Shooters USPSA club is now Strategic Edge USPSA in Chapel Hill, TN.  SEGR even uses the old NTPS club number.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 5:39:02 PM EDT
[#14]

Yup.  

I first met Jeff when he was gunsmithing for Specialty Arms II in La Vergne, TN.

BTW - - - The old North Tennessee Practical Shooters USPSA club is now Strategic Edge USPSA in Chapel Hill, TN.  SEGR even uses the old NTPS club number.
View Quote

That would make three of us who shot there.  I wasn't there for every match but I did really enjoy it.  Lots of good memories.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 8:17:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By SACraig:

That would make three of us who shot there.  I wasn't there for every match but I did really enjoy it.  Lots of good memories.
View Quote

Yep.

Jeff, Doc Schermier (sp?), Don Scott, Mike Cochran, Dave Safford, Greg “Hickock45” Kinman, Kyle Hale, Beecher Bibrey ...and on and on. Good times.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:31:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By GunCat:

Yep.

Jeff, Doc Schermier (sp?), Don Scott, Mike Cochran, Dave Safford, Greg “Hickock45” Kinman, Kyle Hale, Beecher Bibrey ...and on and on. Good times.
View Quote

Ah, you forgot my buddy Curtis McMahon  I swapped email with him a few times in October of last year and he's still hanging in there.

Somewhere I had printouts of some of the matches back in those days.  I just looked and couldn't find them and I sure wish I could.  They listed all the shooters and it would be good to see all the names.  The few you posted brought back a lot of memories.  We had a great time back then, I would truly love to do it all again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top