Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 11/9/2019 3:18:22 PM EDT
Want to get a deer mounted and looking for a good taxidermist that is closer to me than the guy I've been using that moved to Mitchel,SD. I'm thinking someone in an area from Spirit lake east to Mason City and from the MN border down to around FT Dodge.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 11:53:31 AM EDT
[#1]
You can try Kevin Olson in Ventura. Not sure if he's still doing taxidermy but he was good when I used him. If you're willing to come an hour further east Chris Heying in New Hampton does good work.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 10:28:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You can try Kevin Olson in Ventura. Not sure if he's still doing taxidermy but he was good when I used him. If you're willing to come an hour further east Chris Heying in New Hampton does good work.
View Quote
Chris Heying does good work.  Got a deer mounted from him two years ago.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 3:17:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mine was probably there at the same time.

Started dealing with him 15 years ago after a move. Took garbage to the dump one day and found an old fish mount on top of a dumpster. Figured repairs were a good,cheap way to give a new guy a chance. Been going back ever since.
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 11:21:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info guys. I ended up taking the deer to Kliment Taxidermy in Northwood. I talked to him for about an hour and looked at the mounts in his shop and they looked really good to me.
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 11:24:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Thanks for the info guys. I ended up taking the deer to Kliment Taxidermy in Northwood. I talked to him for about an hour and looked at the mounts in his shop and they looked really good to me.
View Quote
Thanks for the update...Chris has greatly reduced how many birds he takes(too busy with deer and fish) so another name is good to have-hadn't heard of them.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top