Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2021 8:33:56 PM EDT
Have an opportunity to travel to Nashville at the end of October/ start of November…trying to make an informed decision.

How masked up am I likely to find it?

I’m coming from MT…where I haven’t worn a mask in 9 months….aside from the stupid airplane…I’d like to keep it that way.

Are they getting weird with vaccine passport nonsense?

I appreciate the help.
Jim
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 8:40:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Businesses are starting to have “masks required” signs again, especially in Nashville.  Vaccination passports/proof is not a thing, though.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 7:48:23 AM EDT
[#2]
End of October/first of November?

Who the hell knows. Seriously.

That's a long time away concerning Covid, mask mandates and shutdowns.
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 7:21:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm staying in Nashville right now. No masks for me.
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 3:40:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Businesses are starting to have “masks required” signs again, especially in Nashville.  Vaccination passports/proof is not a thing, though.
View Quote

Nashville will lead the state in masking.  I can't think of any other city or town in Tennessee that's more likely to follow Biden.
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 6:19:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Nashville will lead the state in masking.  I can't think of any other city or town in Tennessee that's more likely to follow Biden.
View Quote

Memphis actualy started requiring mask indoors this week. Nashville's city council voted not to this week for now. So looks like Memphis is still the worst in the state in more ways than one...
Link Posted: 8/20/2021 2:45:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for all the replies…I know 10 weeks is a long time in the current environment…just trying to get a baseline…decide if I want to deal with the bull**** or not…
Link Posted: 8/20/2021 3:21:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Thanks for all the replies…I know 10 weeks is a long time in the current environment…just trying to get a baseline…decide if I want to deal with the bull**** or not…
View Quote

Remember it's Nashville. If anywhere other than Memphis is going to go full retard in TN, that's the place.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 12:36:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Ignore the mask signs, 99% of places do not care.

Hospitals/medical facilities excluded of course.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 12:46:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Just went to a Bachelor Party in Nashville a week ago. Didn’t wear a mask except at the airport.
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 10:17:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Not in Nashville, but most of the replies go with what I would expect. As was stated most places won’t give you shit. Just ignore the signs. And if you make the trip. Welcome to our beautiful state. Granted Nashville is city, and therefore does not show our best, but as someone who has loved all my time and trips to MT, I extend a welcome, and hope your visit brings you the happiness my trips to your state bring me. Speaking of, I really need to get back out there. If I did not have Reynaud’s the Kallispel, whitefish area near Glacier calls my soul. But I really don’t want to lose my fingers to frostbite.
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 11:01:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Not in Nashville, but most of the replies go with what I would expect. As was stated most places won’t give you shit. Just ignore the signs. And if you make the trip. Welcome to our beautiful state. Granted Nashville is city, and therefore does not show our best, but as someone who has loved all my time and trips to MT, I extend a welcome, and hope your visit brings you the happiness my trips to your state bring me. Speaking of, I really need to get back out there. If I did not have Reynaud’s the Kallispel, whitefish area near Glacier calls my soul. But I really don’t want to lose my fingers to frostbite.
View Quote

I appreciate the reply and the sentiment.

I’m in the Flathead and love it here…I’m looking forward to Nashville….any recommendations on food around the Gaylord opryland would be appreciated
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 11:29:22 PM EDT
[#12]
I’m about 21/2 hrs west of Nashville so I really can’t give good good recommendations. My comments are based more on experience while I the area. Lots of people most likely share similar values, but bigger cities draw more of certain types of people.  The same problems you are facing in MT with migrants we face here as well. If you are drawn to move to an area  maybe you should live the life there before you try and turn it into the shit hole you came from. I’m a transplant my self. A Georgia boy, born and raised. I also accepted the way life was is the area I now live. I’d attribute it to the draw. Granted it was not really that different from where I grew up.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 1:31:29 PM EDT
[#13]
I told this story in another thread but i walked up to the Blue Bird Cafe yesterday:  you cant get in without a vaccination paper work and an ID.  So its a little bit beyond "masky".

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top