Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2018 10:17:41 PM EDT
Last call for sign up

Small Arms Firing School

This is a e-mail I received for the 2018 season

2018 NEW YORK STATE HIGHPOWER RIFLE SCHEDULE (+Millville)
CLUB MARCH APRIL MAY JUNE JULY AUGUST SEPTEMBER OCTOBER NOVEMBER
*Camp Smith 12 16,30 1 18 1
Forbes HP 21 19 16, **23-24 21 18
Peconic 8,29 20 10 8 12 9 14
Roslyn 31 14 6 3 15 19 23 27 10
Millville, NJ 7 5 2 7 4 1 6
*you must contact Match Director if you have not been placed on gate entry list. Get on email list of Match Director for match confirmation emails.
Special Events / SAFS   This is for those interested getting into highpower rifle comp. This course in not for a to firearms
Small Arms Firing School (SAFS), Peconic River Sportsman’s Club – APRIL 21-22
**State Championships, Forbes Rifle & Pistol Club – JUNE 23-24 (Championships on 23, Garand & HP Leg Match on 24)
Forbes Leg Matches – 5/26, 6/24
Millville Leg Matches – 6/24, 8/12, 9/16
Club Program Overviews
Camp Smith – Match Director, George Kline – [email protected]
? XTC from 200 & 300 yards reduced
Forbes Rife & Pistol Club – Match Director, Guy Gamello – [email protected]
? XTC out to 600 yards
Peconic River Sportsmen’s Club – Match Director, Ed Walden – [email protected]
? 200 yard reduced XTC matches
Roslyn Rifle and revolver Club – Match Director, Mike Tursi – [email protected]
? 200 yard reduced XTC Matches
2018 NATIONAL MATCHES
PERRY SA, July 28 SU, July 29 MO, July 30 TU, July 31 WE, Aug 1 TH, Aug 2
CMP WEEK M16 EIC P-100 NT Individual Hearst Double NT Team NT Infantry
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 9:08:33 AM EDT
[#1]
My eyes hurt, paragraphs exist for a reason
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 7:19:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My eyes hurt, paragraphs exist for a reason
View Quote
I cant help how the copy past ends up if you are interested get in touch with  Match Director, George Kline – [email protected]

and ask him to e-mail 2018 NEW YORK STATE HIGHPOWER RIFLE SCHEDULE PDF

now go bitch somewhere else
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 1:45:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Latest E-mail I received

Hello Shooters,

Have just confirmed our dates for 2018 with Camp Smith.  No changes from what I put out a few weeks ago but here they are again with a few announcements:

MAY 12
JUNE 16
JUNE 30
JULY 1
AUGUST 18
SEPTEMBER 1

You will notice that 6/30 and 7/1 is a weekend.  The RRR Club is planning a weekend of shooting (mentioned before).   This weekend will be sponsored by NYSRPA and will be NRA registered as is our entire league.  While in the planning stages.....I am envisioning subsidized lodging on base for shooters and dinner.....and giveaways/raffles/awards, etc.   Or some variant of the above.   I could use help.   Reach out if you have ideas.    This will likely be a pre-registered event so we know the numbers. SAVE THE DATES.

For those who have not been to building 508 as of late...I recently toured.  Refurbished rooms/bathrooms/showers and deck out back with BBQ pits and a pool  Either way the facility is very nice.

Something to NOTE: Shooters this year at CS we will be required to be nysrpa members.  I have been remiss in the past in not checking this.  I will explain why at the first match.  Please send the dues in and/or I will have membership forms at the first match.

One more item.....I was at the nysrpa meeting this past weekend.   I had a conversation with Tom King about how HP in NY has been affected by UNSAFE with regard to out-of-state shooters.  He seems to believe if its an NRA registered event its ok.   I have asked that he, through the NRA, provide us with a legal ruling on this.....if possible.  He is working on it.    Everyone has a differing opinion.   I would like to put it to rest.  I would like to see our out-of-state shooters back....  Stay tuned.

Please considering volunteering to help in some way if you are available for 6/30/-7/1.

Take care,

George K
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 1:56:45 AM EDT
[#4]
More HP

Only you can make NYS HIGH POWER GREAT AGAIN

you will find link to Small Arms Firing School PDF  here

New York State High Power
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 12:30:36 PM EDT
[#5]
“He seems to believe “ what a load of crap! Unsafe is a travesty as we all know, but what a slap in the face it would be if even a written policy or ruling from the state was brought forth stating “ you free Americans from other states are welcome to bring your full cap mags and full featured rifles into the state to shoot, but our own residents can’t.”
I see no wiggle room ( nor should there be) for people to travel into New York with gear New Yorkers are prohibited from owning. The safe act was the last straw from me - had to move to free America.
I feel for those of you still stuck dealing with it.
Also as I recall the history of safe act and high power shooting I recall right around the passage of safe act ( which would restrict or eliminate common us of ar’s in matches in New York, leaving a number of 30cal rifles legal options like M1’s) how camp smith announced the rifle range was not certified for calibers over 5.56. Interesting coincidence I say!
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 8:29:54 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't see how there is any room for opinion.
A normal service rifle is illegal in NY and there are no exceptions anywhere that I ever heard of.
Except for LE and they even forgot that at first.

unsafe should be repealed.

Assuming that doesn't happen we should be able to easily get a 'license' or permit for a service rifle by being a member of a competitive organization.

In or out of state.
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 8:35:47 AM EDT
[#7]
There is a bunch of highpower going on west of Albany that's not on this 'NYS' list.

Rochester gcl shoots CMP 12 months, 2nd saturdays

Springwater shoots 'cmp', unsanctioned, i think

at least one club around buffalo

williamson, I think
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 10:28:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
There is a bunch of highpower going on west of Albany that's not on this 'NYS' list.

Rochester gcl shoots CMP 12 months, 2nd saturdays

Springwater shoots 'cmp', unsanctioned, i think

at least one club around buffalo

williamson, I think
View Quote
I started High Power in the late 80's and the mecca for HP was Forbes, Long Island, Cheery Ridge, CS.

The League match at CS in it's hay day

would draw up too 120 competitors  
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 11:53:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Bump

Small Arms Firing School

last call for sign up
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 5:06:45 PM EDT
[#10]
yes you can own your cork gun.. That's your new hp in ny..
Link Posted: 4/6/2018 9:03:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Those things are dangerous!  You should be jailed for even mentioning it!
Link Posted: 4/6/2018 2:40:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Didn't say you could have corks ..
Link Posted: 4/13/2018 10:13:42 PM EDT
[#13]
The club near Buffalo shooting HP is in East Aurora.  May-September. PM me an email address I can email you the schedule.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top